Finally, a Marshall Astoria plugged in and working ;-)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToonToon Frets: 57
    I have this mutha and, TBH, it gives me all the Marshall tone I'll ever need. Looks better than Astoria. Sounds better than Astoria (IMHO). And........still cheaper as a head and cab than the Astoria combo.

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Speaking of expensive amps and Andertons, I see that Milkman amps are coming to Andertons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ac30manac30man Frets: 478
    I thought it was only me that thought Chappers makes everything sound the same. He always sounds like he's playing a Kazoo played at shred speed whenever he does a review. Utter shite. The Astoria sounds like a great amp from other reviews I've seen, but £2k...no way. In a year they will be on here for £900
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497

I think the Astoria sounds really nice in the video above, in particular for the second part when the LP is played clean finger style. 

I'm in agreement.  The Astoria does seem really overpriced.  Who'd buy one when for another grand they could get Klon Centaur for the same price...

It's about the same price as the Victory V50, and there doesn't seem to be the same kind of disdain for it's price tag, which is PCB opposed to the Marshall Astoria which is point to point.  
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    TimmyO said:
    Chappers made them sound like an amp being played by Chappers. 

I agree with this. And also everything @RiftAmps said.

I think the frustrating thing is we want Marshall to be good. They should be our Fender. 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    EdGrip said:
    I think the frustrating thing is we want Marshall to be good. They should be our Fender. 

We might not have had Leo Fender but we do have Bruce Forsyth.  

He didn't make any great amps or instruments but he did present 'The Generation Game'

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    there are plenty of good old marshalls out there. That's fine with me. 
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    A constant with Chappers demoing anything is he makes whatever he plays sound dreadful. Lee is a much more restrained player, but when he plays it sounds very classy.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Telejester;1105241" said:
    A constant with Chappers demoing anything is he makes whatever he plays sound dreadful. Lee is a much more restrained player, but when he plays it sounds very classy.
    Surprisingly true - nowadays I enjoy the part where Lee plays and skip the obvious Chappers playing bits.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    Their obnoxious double act has put me off buying anything from Andertons.

Obviously, 'Chappers' is a massive tool, at least he lost the tragic Trustafarian dreads though. Also, who in their right mind would refer to themselves from as 'the captain'?

I don't normally like to be a keyboard warrior, but there is just something I find toxic about their 'hilarious' sub Jeremy Clarkson style of presentation that gets my goat.

End rant.