Those tools that wanted bands for free....

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24782
This lot:

Whoever Ivan is - the organisers have pulled the advert. Nicely done.
9reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    his last reply about the steak knives is brilliant :D

But yes, glad to see they've pulled the advert! If only other twunts had the same mentality! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6580
    joneve said:
    his last reply about the steak knives is brilliant :D

But yes, glad to see they've pulled the advert! If only other twunts had the same mentality! 
    Yes, the steak knives thing is a proper laugh out loud one :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2269
    At first I thought this a little harsh. I then read the ad on the site advertising fireworks and a restaurant. I doubt they are free services. So nicely done and the steak knives comment is amusing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    excellent :D and lol for the steak knives too :D
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24782
    slacker said:
    At first I thought this a little harsh. I then read the ad on the site advertising fireworks and a restaurant. I doubt they are free services. So nicely done and the steak knives comment is amusing.
    That's my view.

An entirely voluntary event is fine. But paying no doubt commercial rates for food / fireworks / marquees etc and then not paying for the entertainment is shit.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    Musicians all do it for the pure love of it though. That and spending a small fortune on gear that they can then show off to the adoring public, that's reward enough in itself surely?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Bloody foreigners.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7415
    'Ivan Somfreestov' hahaha.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10762
    ^ haha :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    You see, they've missed a trick here. What the bands should have done is on the sly get a cooperative of bands to send in really great demo tapes..... after the downselect is made and they get the gig, to a man ALL of the bands should either Play horrendously, do some dad rapping, Sing some parental guidance/offensively graphic songs and generally make an artistic nuisance of themselves.....

The point being, you get that you pay for.... and if you pay S**T all, you get S**T

it might teach an event manager to respect the artists...
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    You see, they've missed a trick here. What the bands should have done is on the sly get a cooperative of bands to send in really great demo tapes..... after the downselect is made and they get the gig, to a man ALL of the bands should either Play horrendously, do some dad rapping, Sing some parental guidance/offensively graphic songs and generally make an artistic nuisance of themselves.....<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/bd454a22/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

The point being, you get that you pay for.... and if you pay S**T all, you get S**T

The New Theatre in Oxford advertised for a free pianist to play before, after and interval slots.

They demanded a high level of professional competence.

A mate of mine - a drummer - applied for an audition and intended to play piano as only a drummer could, but Equity went mental at such a well regarded and long established venue taking the piss so they pulled the slot.

I would have paid proper money to see him try to play.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    You see, they've missed a trick here. What the bands should have done is on the sly get a cooperative of bands to send in really great demo tapes..... after the downselect is made and they get the gig, to a man ALL of the bands should either Play horrendously, do some dad rapping, Sing some parental guidance/offensively graphic songs and generally make an artistic nuisance of themselves.....<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/bd454a22/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

That or a setlist comprised entirely of songs about money.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A forum scratch rap band?

That could be fun.

2 Live Crew but without the social graces?

'Everybody say heyyyyyyyyyyyy we want some puss-eyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22515
    A forum scratch rap band?

That could be fun.

2 Live Crew but without the social graces?

2 Live Drew? 

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    I like to think they sent him a set of steak knives
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have they really had a change of heart?

Check out this page from their website...

http://www.hauserwirthsomerset.com/events/summer-party-20160702

• ... and what's with the split infinitive???

' to voluntarily perform' !!!

Not only arrogant.... also illiterate.

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1392
    Coventry city council also tried this one. Sadly I deleted it but next time the response is sorted
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    rsvmark said:
    Coventry city council also tried this one. Sadly I deleted it but next time the response is sorted
    You're holding out for the steak knives?

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6154
    Looks like a rock 'n roll crowd...