Marilyn Monroe would have been ninety today.

What's Hot
breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
edited June 2016 in Off Topic
And I still maintain to this day she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes upon.

A psychiatrists wet dream though.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12448
    Iconic woman. She looks beautiful in that beach photo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6121
    If you haven't already, check out Truman Capote's essay, A Beautiful Child. He describes a day with Marilyn, quite insightful. Part of Music For Chameleons.

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    She's a beauty for sure!

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3499
    The appreciation for her beauty is well documented, but I think she was a really decent actress as well.  Her performances in John Huston and Billy Wilder films were great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The camera liked her...

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    IMO probably the most beautiful woman ever. Bet she wouldn't look so good at 90 though. Thankfully all we will ever see of her is as she was when she was young.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I wouldhave done.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72723
    edited June 2016
    The appreciation for her beauty is well documented, but I think she was a really decent actress as well.  Her performances in John Huston and Billy Wilder films were great. 
    +1

She could also sing, too. And I don't mean "Happy Birthday Mr. President" when she was half-cut - she could really sing. Ages ago I bought this from a charity shop thinking it would be just a bit of fun - and it's not, it's genuinely good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    I enjoyed the film My Week With Marilyn, well worth watching.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    Thanks @JezWynd I'll read that later.

Agreed @ICBM about her singing.I always loved this,her voice and performance.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    Me neither
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    She didn't really do it for me in terms of looks. She's clearly a good looking lass but I could easily find 20 actresses that I prefer the looks of, although I quite liked some of the ditzy characters. Pretty appealing in Some like it hot. 

Shame that she didn't get to grow old.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    axisus said:

No. No. No.

Marilyn, Jimi, Janis, Jim Morrison, James Dean - these people weren't meant to live until old age!

They were the epitome of "live fast, die young" and are icons because of it.

I don't want a wrinkly Marilyn!

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I always preferred Rita Hayworth.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Chuffola said:
    axisus said:

No. No. No.

Marilyn, Jimi, Janis, Jim Morrison, James Dean - these people weren't meant to live until old age!

They were the epitome of "live fast, die young" and are icons because of it.

I don't want a wrinkly Marilyn!

...is that a euphemism?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I don't get the fuss about her, yeah she's an attractive woman but like ax I can think of loads of actresses I find much more appealing.

Again agree with her being hot in Some Like it Hot, great film.

Died too young and "benefits" from all that offers in the celebrity world. A tragic figure in many wyas.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72723
    I don't think you have to choose just one :), most of the Golden Era actresses were pretty good-looking - that was how they got the job in those days. (Still is really…)

It's tragic she died so young but that's how we will always remember her now. Elizabeth Taylor was very beautiful when she was young too, but now most people probably think of her as she was later in life.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    ICBM said:
    I don't think you have to choose just one :), most of the Golden Era actresses were pretty good-looking - that was how they got the job in those days. (Still is really…)

It's tragic she died so young but that's how we will always remember her now. Elizabeth Taylor was very beautiful when she was young too, but now most people probably think of her as she was later in life.
    Oh I get that but the whole way she is revered is more to do with the fact she died young rather than her being the most beautiful woman ever. In the same way that a lot of stars that die young are-they never get the chance to become old, fat and uncool or irrelevant. Lennon, Cobain, Dean etc etc

Some of my girl mates on FB worship (the idea) of her and are always putting quotes (that she never said) and bullshit articles about how she would have been a size 12-14 these days (she wouldn't she was tiny) so everyone should celebrate overeating and being fat these days....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1