Brexit - the movie

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

a bit long but well worth a watch.....Europe is a anti democratic dictatorship that destroys what it was set up to achieve. Full of none elected non accountable greedy bureaucratic rich people looking out for their own interests......Watch n see!!
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9878
    Is the sequel about the house of Lords and our monarchy as well then?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    you would hope so!! :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    siraxeman said:
    Full of ..... rich people looking out for their own interests
    That'll be Farage ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    nah he's all for us leaving - he'll be a rich man looking out for his own interests in a UK ran err UK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5167
    siraxeman said:
    Europe is a anti democratic dictatorship that destroys what it was set up to achieve. Full of none elected non accountable greedy bureaucratic rich people looking out for their own interests......Watch n see!!

To me, the sovereignty argument is far more compelling (I didn't say convincing) than THE IMMIGRANTS R STEALIN UR JOBS OMG!!!

So why aren't the outies concentrating on this instead of immigration? Race to the bottom? Trying to scaremonger votes from the xenophobes and long-term unemployed in search of the same old scapegoat?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

if you watch that video in the OP you will see it doesn't even touch on immigration!!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24628
    I have been enjoying the "We will bring in a points based immigration system like Australia has" bullshit.

Just like the points based system we already have then?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    I have been enjoying the "We will bring in a points based immigration system like Australia has" bullshit.

Boris & Gove are shameless in their leadership brexit campaign
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470

Not with the EU we don't.  We can't stop anyone coming in from the EU.  If someone offered to ship every unemployed, unskilled, non-English speaking Greek, Italian and Spaniard to us we couldn't stop them.

For me the economy and sovereignty are much bigger issues than immigration but when you say something that is so clearly wrong I had to comment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:

Not with the EU we don't.  We can't stop anyone coming in from the EU.  If someone offered to ship every unemployed, unskilled, non-English speaking Greek, Italian and Spaniard to us we couldn't stop them.

For me the economy and sovereignty are much bigger issues than immigration but when you say something that is so clearly wrong I had to comment.
    Nothing I said was wrong.

The system is in place for those coming in from outside of the EU.

Currently there is freedom of movement for citizens of member states, and many Brits use that freedom to work and live outside of UK but within the EU. Freedom of Movement within a set boundary is not the same as immigration from outside of that boundary.

The current points system was introduced in 2008 and at the time was claimed to be based on Australia's system. 

That you have a different idea of where the boundary should be rather than where it actually is does not change that what I said was 100% accurate.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    I wonder what will tangibly change if Britain leaves. I suspect not a lot.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    Teetonetal;1094940" said:
    They will kick us out of Eurovision. Rotters!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Anyone would think that the campaigns would have articulately explained this to us. Alas not.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    crunchman said:

Nothing I said was wrong.

The system is in place for those coming in from outside of the EU.

Currently there is freedom of movement for citizens of member states, and many Brits use that freedom to work and live outside of UK but within the EU. Freedom of Movement within a set boundary is not the same as immigration from outside of that boundary.

The current points system was introduced in 2008 and at the time was claimed to be based on Australia's system. 

That you have a different idea of where the boundary should be rather than where it actually is does not change that what I said was 100% accurate.

Except it isn't a different idea of WHERE the boundary should be.

It's a different idea of WHO DECIDES WHERE the boundary should be.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794

Doesn't matter now that Sir Terry is no longer with us
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

The plan is to extend the points based system to include people from within the EU.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Sadly Eurovision has nothing to do with the EU or it would be a compelling reason to quit. However, leaving will no doubt give the population of Europe another reason for not voting for us come the next Eurovision Song Contest.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Anyone would think that the campaigns would have articulately explained this to us. Alas not.
    They don't know.

It depends what kind of agreement we can negotiate afterwards.  The EU may be pragmatic and make a trade agreement with us so that Germany can keep selling us cars so they don't go further down the toilet.  On the other hand they may decide to set an example with us to discourage other nations from leaving even though it would hit their own economies.  No-one knows which way they will go.

Any politician (looking at you Osborne) who claims they can predict exactly what will happen is lying.
    crunchman said:
    They don't know.

It depends what kind of agreement we can negotiate afterwards.  The EU may be pragmatic and make a trade agreement with us so that Germany can keep selling us cars so they don't go further down the toilet.  On the other hand they may decide to set an example with us to discourage other nations from leaving even though it would hit their own economies.  No-one knows which way they will go.

Any politician (looking at you Osborne, Cameron, Gove, Grayling, Johnson, etc) who claims they can predict exactly what will happen is lying.
    Fixed that.