Remote pedal switching - how to

frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
I only have a boss dd7 going through my effects loop and would like to get rid of the two 6m cables I currently use to connect it to the loop from my effects board. Ideally I just want to put the pedal on the top of my amp connected by a couple of short cables and then remote switch it. Any ideas of how I can do this! Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30947
    Gigrig remote loopy

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Although you are only saving one cable by doing that
    You could by a pedal snake cable with the appropriate tails
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

Do you want to switch the delay in and out of the FX loop or actually remote the switch on the delay?

The former just need a box, 4 jacks and a changeover switch (get a bit more complex if you want a LED status indicator)

I have no idea what the internal switch in the Boss is. If it is as I am used to, one that flips FETs with DC it could be extended many metres. I would use shielded cable, 2 cores min and if you need multicore go beg some FTP 4pr patch cable!

Dave.

• ecc83;1095739" said:
    Do you want to switch the delay in and out of the FX loop or actually remote the switch on the delay? The former just need a box, 4 jacks and a changeover switch (get a bit more complex if you want a LED status indicator) I have no idea what the internal switch in the Boss is. If it is as I am used to, one that flips FETs with DC it could be extended many metres. I would use shielded cable, 2 cores min and if you need multicore go beg some FTP 4pr patch cable! Dave.
    Either. Gig rig looks good but pricey
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28682
    It's very simple to do with a relay and a footswitch - there's lots of information at Geofex.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17668
    tFB Trader
    There is a chinese company that make a copy of the remote loopy 2, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17668
    tFB Trader
    That's the one!

I had one. It worked quite well, but I didn't realise it was an A/B switcher.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    I ended up going with a different idea altogether, but I was still curious about it - good to know it works!

@frictionfraction I know Bright Onion did a single loop version of the Remote Loopy bundle for about half the price, so they may be worth getting in touch with, if you don't go with the Chinese option above.

• frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
    edited June 2016
    [quote="breadfan;1096646"]Is this the one you're thinking of @monquixote? I''ve had it in my watch list for months.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUX-PML-2-Mini-switcher-pedal-A-B-line-selector-switch-true-bypass-/301913886888?nav=SEARCH

[/quote

Price Looks good an worth a punt. I've sent an email to bright onion. Gigrig looks excellent, high quality and of only a used one was available ... Thanks for all the input
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    The NUX box is great, it also works with their midi switcher so you can switch in and out 3 loops via midi
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

Can't find a schematic for the "7" but the earlier delays just switch a pin on the big chip to ground via a CR network.

Should therefore be simple to kludge.

Dave.