JTM45 ?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7526
Can I ask a forum favour? 

If anyone sees a used JTM45 for sale give me a prod? 

ta!
Tim 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    Old or new?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I saw one in Simmonds music in Grantham this very day.
    It's only just arrived s/h.
    Not even priced it yet.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7526
    ICBM said:
    Old or new?
    Either. 

Only caveat is I'm not a vintage aficionado so not looking to pay a premium for perfectly preserved or the "right" year - reliability and not taking a dicking on resale if I have to sell on are the main points :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    I saw one in Simmonds music in Grantham this very day.
    It's only just arrived s/h.
    Not even priced it yet.
    ta
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Either. 

Only caveat is I'm not a vintage aficionado so not looking to pay a premium for perfectly preserved or the "right" year - reliability and not taking a dicking on resale if I have to sell on are the main points :-) 
    OK. The old ones I'm thinking of are in various states of disrepair and so not going to command collector prices.

But to be honest, if reliability and not paying a premium are important, you don't want an old one - although they will most likely hold their value.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I'm prepared to pay a fair price if it's likely to be recoupable should the need arise.

Ping me direct if easier to talk ballpark figures if you like? 

Tim 
    Red ones are better. 
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    edited June 2016
    £950 for a reissue JTM45 is ludicrous. They only retail at a bit over a grand, and they don't sell for anything like that second hand - not far over half that.

£800 for a tatty shallow-cab Bluesbreaker is too much as well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    edited June 2016
    Charlie Chandlers has one in.

1966 mkii... But cheap it ain't! Looks very clean though.
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1472
    I find most of their used amp prices "ambitious', but that's verging on ridiculous. Over four grand for a JTM45?!
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    Not too ridiculous for a genuine 1966 Marshall. Vintage gear is valuable. The question is whether its a real one or not.

Have you seen this one on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/marshall-amplifier-/122004294774?hash=item1c6805cc76:g:VSMAAOSw9eVXUGlg

I cant work out whether its a re-built vintage (look at the back plexi panel), or maybe just a new build with some old parts.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    I just got a couple of amps from there, paid the going rate, well packaged, efficient interaction and a free t-shirt. No complaints here.
    Have you seen this one on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/marshall-amplifier-/122004294774?hash=item1c6805cc76:g:VSMAAOSw9eVXUGlg

I cant work out whether its a re-built vintage (look at the back plexi panel), or maybe just a new build with some old parts.
    New build from the look of it and the description, although you would need to see the chassis to be sure.

What's puzzling is that someone should use a genuine original and relatively undamaged (even the IEC conversion isn't too bad) '68 Plexi back panel on it. That's fairly valuable in itself, to someone with a drilled/modded original amp.

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    ICBM said:
    £950 for a reissue JTM45 is ludicrous. They only retail at a bit over a grand, and they don't sell for anything like that second hand - not far over half that.

£800 for a tatty shallow-cab Bluesbreaker is too much as well.
    I sold my reissue towards the end of last year for about £625 IIRC. It was an '89 (with Drake transformers), the first year of reissue and next to mint condition.