Opinions on line6 M13

grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3347
Hello guys. I'm not much of a pedal person so I bought the M13 thinking it'd give me loads of pedals to try. I like the looper and tuner and some of the delays/ reverbs but can't find a use for the rest of it. Is it worth spending a few more hours with it or do I sell and buy stand alone units ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    I've had every Line 6 M product more than once...I was much happier with a couple of decent pedals in the end :)
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    Y experience is exactly the same as tone1.

They are a great idea but to my don't quite live up to it.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Some of the stuff isn't the best, or rather is great for one thing but not good for another. The chorus does it's thing okay but doesn't get near a thick warm chorus for instance.

I also liked the boosts and the compressors, and some of the trem and mod sounds. You gotta spend a while finding what you like though.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I've had one since they first came out, used it loads live with loads of different amps. Running two amps together through it to use the stereo delays, running the 4 cable method to put the fx into the loop of an amp, running one pedal as a volume cut with a single channel amp to get a pseudo boost by turning it off.

The Tube Drive was the only drive I used, one high gain/low vol the other high vol/low gain. Live, I found it useful.

Now I'm just using it as a profile switcher for my Kemper.

Tech has moved on so much since they came out I'm sure there are better sounding alternatives. I bought it as a one box thing to set and forget for gigs, not for quality of tone.