What is a decent mic to use straight into a laptop for Audacity?

I have no idea about recording but the laptop mic is knackered, just want something general that isn't directional maybe that I can record myself and the guitar on at the same time.
Backdoor Children Of The Sock
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

BM-800 

NOT a USB mic but plugs into the lap jack and is powered therefrom.

Google for it from Zon.

Dave.

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BTSKY-Condenser-Microphone-broadcasting-voice-over/dp/B00ZH4STB6

Sorry, bit rushed before. You will see the mic is a big 'un! Don't let that put you off. It IS directional, it is a cardiod but then almost anything you buy will be (or claim to be!) trust me, you WANT a directional mic.

I am sure you will find a point twixt guitar and cake hole that gives you a decent balance if that is you intend to sing and strum at the same time? Many home recordists lay down a guitar track and then sing along. Can I say? Audacity is a GREAT free editor but not the best software for general recording, do Google for MAGIX Samplitude pro X Silver (not Magix Home Studio) free and very useful I find.

If you should graduate to a proper Audio Interface the BM-800 will still work into that (unlike a USB mic) all you would need is another cable.

Dave.

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    You can get a BLUE snowball or yeti secondhand which by all accounts is ok