TRS A/B footswitch?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
We might have had a recent Discussion on this but can't find it. I think I would like something like the micro A/B footswitches people like Bright Onion do ( not currently taking custom orders , so that's that) but does TRS ( so I can switch my expression pedal between two different pedals). I've spotted diagrams to build one myself ( that ain't happening) and a couple of US companies making these but no one in the UK or sure who I should ask. I think this would be a £30 thing and there might be a bit of demand.
I could just just use a second expression pedal but that takes up a lot of space or buy a fancy programmable expression pedal but that takes up a lot of money. What d'you think?
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    What about Wee Lush FX? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    simonk said:
    What about Wee Lush FX? 

Oddly enough I'd turned up Wee Lush in my search but didn't know about them and somehow went onto their site in a different way than that which didn't indicate if they did custom orders. I'll try them then, ta.  :)
    Answered me straight back, wow! Apparently if this works or not will depend on my pedals so I've got to run a test first.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28431
    I was going to query that - what happens to the pedal that has an expression jack inserted but no pot at the end of it...

You could have pots that set the not-rocker value, but then you're looking at using a 4PDT or relays.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    A stereo volume pedal (eg Boss) can be used as two expression pedals at the same time.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Sporky;1099145" said:
    I was going to query that - what happens to the pedal that has an expression jack inserted but no pot at the end of it...

You could have pots that set the not-rocker value, but then you're looking at using a 4PDT or relays.
    Yes, that was the kind of email conversation. I've got to try each pedal with the TRS cable inserted but not in the expression pedal. If it doesn't work I probably won't bother with a more complex / expensive route.
    ICBM;1099168" said:
    A stereo volume pedal (eg Boss) can be used as two expression pedals at the same time.
    So, if I had one pedal off it would just work the one left on and if I had both pedals on it would work both of them? Opportunity for a wall of noise there!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28431
    Sporky;1099145" said:

Yes, that was the kind of email conversation. I've got to try each pedal with the TRS cable inserted but not in the expression pedal. If it doesn't work I probably won't bother with a more complex / expensive route.
    I think that's wise. It's the sort of thing I'd have been happy to build a few years into monkeyFX, but would have turned down a few years later - too unpredictable because of the things you might plug it into. ICBM's idea is a good 'un, as is stumping up for a Source Audio Reflex.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Ha, it didn't work! Interesting effect on my minifooger delay if you unplug the TRS cable the Feedback instantly leaps up to maximum, frightening ~X(
    I'll give up on this idea then :(