Hardwood cab builders?

ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
I've got a re-cabbed Blues Junior that now lives in a lovely solid mahogany, 2x10" cabinet.  Recently I've also got a little lunchbox amp and extension cab set-up and I'd quite like that in one simple combo and (because I'm a massively anally-retentive nancy boy) I'd really like it to be in a matching-ish mahogany combo cab.  Unfortunately, the company that did the work on the Fender (Mongotone) are now loooooong gone.

I've found one firm (ZD Cabs) that seem to make very nice stuff indeed, but they're in Ireland and I'm in the south-east of England - and that sort of distance between vendor and buyer has always, in my experience, been a royal pain in the arse.

So, do any of you know of anyone who does such work?

Many thanks, in advance, for all pointers given.
Not much of the gear, even less idea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have used Zac before (ZD Cabs) for a couple of cabs and despite being in Ireland, me in north-west England, I haven't had any issues. His is very good with communication and you can just send the money over via paypal in Sterling. Zac sent both my cabs in lots of bubble wrap and boxes. It think it would be worth dropping him an email to see what he can do for you :)

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Zac has shipped three lovely hardwood cabs to me in Oxford, all perfectly packed. Pretty confident if you sent him exact dimensions he'd do a grand job