Boss BD-2w questions.

professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
Ok so I tried a BD-2w the other week into a Fender Princeton and it sounded epic.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Then I tried a s/h one into a Marshall dsl40 and it sounded nice, ok but not the mind blowing experience of the Fender.
Both times the guitars were PRS ce24.
Now, does anyone have similar experiences? Could it be the pedal is variable or the more likely option, the pedal suits Fender type Amps more?
I run an Engl Screamer 50 1x12
I'm assuming it's more fender in character as it's very clean ( on the clean ch1 obvs) and it's 6L6 in the power amp.
I've only played fender Amps a few times, never owned one.
I've played the Princeton that one time, a BassBreaker 18/30 no pedals in a shop.
And a stage 100 SS thing.
Apart from those as a young lad it was just the Champ 10w tranny practice amps, which obviously put me off Fender amps for life.
I might be coming round.

Also is £90 a touch high for a s/h BD-2w? As they are £119 new!!!

Cheers.
Ben.
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    edited June 2016
    IME all dirt pedals will sound different with different amps, but I have found the Blues Driver to sound decent with most amps. I've had numerous dirt pedals in my time and most worked well with some amps and sounded rubbish with others, which if you use studio amps to rehearse (and don't know what you are getting week in week out) this can be a problem. With Fender type amps you'll get the sound of the pedal though the amp but with Marshall or Orange type amps the pedal will blend with the amp's tone.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9655

I sold my BD-2 because it didn't mesh with the amp's natural overdrive. Scooped Fender style drive into mid-heavy Vox drive didn't work for me.

I think the other way round works well though - mid heavy drive pedal like a TS into a Fender amp is a classic example.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746

Found the BD-2 did not like my Vox AC-15 at all.

But through the Jet City JCA50H and my Fender HRD it works a treat.

As with anything experiment - some things will work, some won't

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I have one, sounds great through my fender amps.. Not so much into the rehearsal space's marshall the other week.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    I also found the BD2 into a Princeton to be god like. Into a Marshall it was a buzzy mess ...

Horses for courses.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Hmmmmm perhaps I need to get a Princeton.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.