Tone King Falcon thoughts?

What's Hot
I am currently revamping my rig having cometo the conclusion I am basically a bedroom player although I plan on finding a band soon. Looking at downsizing my rig appropriately as although my Lonestar Special sounds amazing it is rather large. Have my eye on the Tone King Falcon or possibly the 20th Anniv Imperial.

Anyone had a chance to play one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi Rich,

I play live, but like you, I'm primarily a 'home' player. This year I played many many amps, toured around the UK, and ended up with a Carr Sportsman and Carr Slant. Both from Doug at the wonderful Coda Music...

I did buy a Falcon, but swapped it for the Sportsman; simply due to the boss (Mrs Waz) releasing some funds. HOWEVER....

... I will be back to buy a Falcon. Without a shadow of a doubt, it is the BEST home amp I've ever played. So simple and so much FUN !! Yet, these can get very loud... Be a great small gig amp.

The attenduator is superb, as are the three different 'channel' settings. Magnificent. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have my friend !

• xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Deeply cool amp. If I didn't play with a heavy-handed drummer or was after something purely for recording I'd buy one tomorrow.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited December 2013
    Oh dear... If I was buying right now I would be torn between:

Tone King Metropolitan
    CARR Rambler
    Lazy J35 (new Bandmaster clone)

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

How did you find the lack of reverb? I don't use much but normally leave it on 2 or 3 so might miss it.

Did you get a chance to run pedals through it? With the various settings the drive pedals may not get much use but could still use them set more as a boost though.
  • Rich,

1. Didn't miss the reverb, although I'm a huge fan. Tried my Stereo Wet - perfect.

2. You wouldn't NEED to use pedals. Honest. The Falcon could actually replace ALL of your OD pedals. Still, it did take my board well...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Rich,

What did you end up buying mate ?

• Ended up sticking with my Hiwatt Studio/Stage Custom. 20/40w switch, reverb and gain boost if reqd. Incredible clean tone and takes my pedals well.

Been lucky recently, the Hamer strat I picked up from the US has become my main guitar. The only thing I want now is a Teye guitar, and a few more pedals.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    I'm thinking about getting a Falcon - looks likr my sort of thing. How does it take higer output humbuckers?
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58

My thoughts on the Falcon:  I WANT one!!!  

Just out of my reach, price-wise, atm.

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    I had a look at those Hiwatts. Not many reviews but the sound was great on the ones I heard.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    I LOVE Tone Kings amps, I'm saving for one now!.  I'm torn over a Metropolitan or a 20th Anniversary Imperial.  I also want a Falcon, they sound fantastic - but would need to sell bodily organs to find both.....
    /\ yeah me too except I don't want a Falcon - maybe a LazyJ and a CARR - but deffo a Metro and a nice Turquoise Imperial and a 'TAOS BLUE' Tele to match it...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Taos Turquoise is the new black
    /\ indeed and suddenly it makes me come over all Johnny Cash... but do you know any Johnny Cash riffs and licks??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>