NAD - Fender Supersonic 22

DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
Thanks to Ché i am now in possession of this lovely amp... quite liking the clean and overdriven tones, though will need to take it out of the house for a full play ;)  Also much as i prefer black tolex on amps, the blonde and oxblood is rather nice...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5176
    I really like these on paper, but every one I've tried had too much hiss for my liking at low levels. How do you find the background noise?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    It is present, however it is not that bad (had it to 3 clean and 4 on burn).... This will be good for gigging duties which tend to be mic'd clubs/ pubs...
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    I very nearly bought both a 22 and a 60. Great plug and play amps (providing they have reverb.) Oddly though, even though the 60 has more features I prefer the sound of the 22
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    I had a blonde/Oxblood (great colour scheme) and loved it... and mine was hiss free too !

I only sold it to buy my Carr Rambler.

Enjoy your superb amp :)

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    I loved my Supersonic 22, but after I had a reverb issue fixed, the thing hissed like a mofo and was unusable at volume :(

If you got a good one, then they are lovely sounding amps.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616

Great snag...very underrated those supersonic 22s..  enjoy the experiments with gain 1/gain 2... I have it's big brother the 100w twin

mine hisses a bit on with the reverb on but lovely quite clean tone at low volumes too...ah..that fender chime

I might see what valve changes i can do to see if it makes any difference (just out of curiosity really) and look at the reverb tank.  From what i have read people had issues on V3 and V4 sockets and the reverb... So tempted to book a practice room so i can play louder without disturbing the peace ;)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Guitar leaning against jack plug = accident waiting to happen.
    Guitar not actually against jack... guitar on side of amp for the photo ;)