MAKING SOME LPJ DC's

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    Managed to get the first LPJ DC finished, I still have a backlog of commercial work to do so might be a little while before I get some more DC's  made.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's nice. How much for one of them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited January 2017
    Got my name down for one. So looking forward to having this project on the go:) I notice you have a compensated bridge on one of the pics above? What makes that? Anyone have recommendations for similar sort of bridge that would work on offset posts?I was thinking of using the adjustable type or maybe a lightning strike type. Cheers
    I'm just off for a long weekend in Dorset to stay with my daughter, but when I come back I will be making LPJ's DC & SC's  again.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3869
    Hmm, tempting!
  • paddybpaddyb Frets: 31
    I guess you probably have a big list but I am interested in a LPJ DC if you are building them again
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    paddyb said:
    I guess you probably have a big list but I am interested in a LPJ DC if you are building them again
    Me too!
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Ssooo looking forward:):)
    I'm just about to go off on holiday to the Yorkshire Dales. I'm going to take most of May off from guitar making.

When I come back I will complete the back orders of LPJ DC's that I was hoping to finish before my holiday, did get quite a few completed.

Photo above is what I completed in the last week or so, 3 LPJ DC's, 2 Burns Marvin's. The second photo is of the Telecaster I will be working on after my holiday.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ohhhhhhh what I'd do for one of those lp's... 

Great work as ever mate, absolutely lovely stuff. 
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    Damn I am tempted with building another!!! 
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    GSPBASSES said:

Whats the top on that - that is amazing :) Claro walnut?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3215
    Oh man...I set my sights on another tele, start working on the wife and sticking a few quid aside and then you go and rear the head of double cut lpj gas all over again. This is a nightmare, I want-need them all! :)
    tFB Trader
    The the veneer on the telecaster is Australian black wood.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    GSPBASSES said:
    The the veneer on the telecaster is Australian black wood.
    It's very nice, I like :)