Anyone played a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2525h yet ?

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
I've the money waiting but am holding until some respected players critique the head, no interest in the combo. Anyone tried the head yet ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes I have one, it's fabulous. Nothing more to say really, it's Marshall and if you like a great rock tone it does what it says on the tin so to speak.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Yes I have one, it's fabulous. Nothing more to say really, it's Marshall and if you like a great rock tone it does what it says on the tin so to speak.

Where did you purchase it from ? Power tube sockets mounted on PCB concerns me, I wish they had chassis mounted them.
  • Andertons, pre ordered and got one of the first six they got in a week or so ago. Tbh I don't worry about or focus on things like that, if it sound good to me it's good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Not played the 2525 - but have played the 100watt re-issue.

One comment on them - I bought an original back in 1987 with my first Barclaycard! Had the 25/50Watt model which everyone seems to forget about.

Always regretting selling it - bitterly at times, got rid of it in the early 90s when no-one liked them, and it was just so loud (too loud in a way).

Anyway - playing the reissue reminded me one thing, for me the controls always limited you - you need the input gain cranked to get lead channel singing but in doing that give up all hope of a clean sound unless you pull your guitar volume right down.

In my opinion they give the best post-Plexi Marshall sound, just wonderful - but because of the above and more, they're kind of a one trick pony for me. If you like that trick - great, but if not try before you buy.

The Andertons video was a little sneaky (there's a surprise), yes you can get all the sounds they showed but not without changing the controls dramatically - for example, whilst it doesn't do that sound my Peavey Classic is way more versatile
    Hi-fi clean was never my bag, but if you clip the clean channel for a Jeff Healey rhythm tone and push it with a maxon od808 set to drive 0% and level about 75% for leads, how does a silver jubilee handle that scenario ?
  • Mr_BluesmanMr_Bluesman Frets: 50
    edited June 2016
    Handles pedals well I think personally , I've had a few tubescreamer and Klon like clones through it and it's great. So I bought a tubescreamer mini for it on my mini board. As peteri said if you (and it sounds like you do) like a one trick pony ( I think it gives a bit more than that myself but I get what he means) but essentially want that Marshall sound this is really good without tons of bells n whistles, you can shape your tone with a few pedals. I'm using a tubescreamer mini in front , with a spark boost mini, chorus,reverb & delay in the loop for home playing and love it.
    Bluesman how is it for home use on 5w setting ? My last fender HRD III was returned as for home use it was far too loud.
  • Not tried it yet tbh, I'm awaiting a replacement cab and can't play it right now