Castle cases pedalboard: any good?

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
I have my eyes on a used castle cases measuring 100x50x20 internally, 106x53x23 externally. It's a big with ample height for a 2nd tier, space enough for a G2 and similarly large pedals. It might be excessive. Any feedback about the quality of their cases may help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    You might look at @custompedalboards

Mark built me a fantastic two-tier board and he has a great relationship witht he Gigrig guys. The case he put together for me is probably bulletproof.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    You might look at @custompedalboards

Mark built me a fantastic two-tier board and he has a great relationship witht he Gigrig guys. The case he put together for me is probably bulletproof.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I would love a custom pedalboards but they're out of my budget plus I'm in Italy, which bumps up the cost. A thomann might have to do though it ain't the prettiest.
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    I have a castle case board and flight case for my FX8. It's top notch. Board is solid and case is too. Only downside is it weighs a bloody tonne!

I've been considering going back to them for a fight case for my amp head too, so a big thumbs up from me.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have their case for my Blackstar Artisan, it's superbly made, but fucking heavy!!!
    I have to admit that the gigging side isn't a problem. The case is to keep the pedals dust-free, damp-free and transportable if needed. They live in my cellar threatened by dust and damp alike. However, a quality build is nonetheless important and continued feedback is helping a lot with my decision (weight is a good point that I hadn't considered).
    I went for the castle case and I'm glad I did. Solid, clean and a little heavy. Big enough to accommodate all my pedal board dreams. Thanks for your feedback.