BadCat Hot Cat 6 pin footswitch

kramereekrameree Frets: 101
Hi 

Does anyone have one of these??? Ive tried everywhere to get one!!! Alt looking for pics or schematic to have one built...

Cheers

J
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638

http://www.badcatamps.com/store/foot-switches/

Have you tried above? They should keep legacy spares.

Dave.

• kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    Hi Dave

yes...thats the newer models...Bad Cat dont have the schematic for the original footswitches either....

• Reckless1Reckless1 Frets: 8
    I looked for one of these for a long while with no luck at all. I was amazed that Bad Cat were unable to help, or suggest alternatives. Ended up using an A/B/Y box which does the job really well. IMHO, some of the best Hot Cat tones are found by blending the 2 channels together and this is easy with my little pedal. Throw in an Unleash attenuator and the tones are unreal...
    "You play an accordian, you go to prison - that’s the law…."  
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    Hi Reckless1...I think i will end up using the aby box.. I even had my tech go through the circuit to try and figure out what does what but he couldn't make sense of it..
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I emailed therm asking for a pin out as well
    Nothing
    Crap services
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72530
    Cabicular said:
    I emailed therm asking for a pin out as well
    Nothing
    Crap services
    I can have a look at your one when you've sorted out your house-moving stuff, if you want.

I really don't like complex multi-pin footswitch connectors. Often unreliable and a massive pain in the backside when something breaks or needs to be replaced…

I had a look at pics of the footswitch and it seems to have two switches and three LEDs. I can't quite see why a six-pin connector should be needed for that - although I remember that when I had a Bad Cat Two-Tone pedal, the LEDs worked in some sort of odd illogical way (which I quickly rewired to something more intuitive), so it's possible the amp does the same and needs the LEDs powered separately or something.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cheers
    I have a list for you when I'm done :)
    Unfortunately my Walker Street house fell through
    (They failed to do then failed to get planning permission for a fairly major modification) after 6 weeks I've walked away so I'm back on the hunt
    It's a bit of a nightmare