First Kit Build - All crit welcome.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4174
    That looks flippin' gorgeous!
    Doesn't it just?  The grain in that veneer reminds me of a fractal generator I used to use in the 90's when such things were all the go.

I had a feeling we were going to see some nice grain when the finish went on, glad to see I was right (does occasionally happen ;) )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    Also, from the pictures, it looks as though you filled the fretboard anyway - looks great with the binding.

I was going to say don't worry about the glue/dust mix looking darker, it'll blend in just fine :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KingNothingKingNothing Frets: 22
    edited June 2016
    Yeah I filled the fretboard as you suggested, it worked pretty well. :)

Here's a quick update, I've been a bit busy working on another guitar while waiting for the body binding to arrive, but I've oiled and waxed the veneer and it looks great, I'm very pleased with it so far.

Back to basics.  Chisel and hammer to cut out the hummer cavity, ironically my router bit arrived an hour after finishing it.

Very happy with the finish, I have the binding to do so I'll probably have to do a little more work on the finish unless I'm very very careful.

The pics don't do it justice.

I'm still undecided with what to do on the fretboard.. maybe some diamond inlays.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom