Machine Head

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17668
in Music tFB Trader
I was a huge fan back in the 90's (Burn My Eyes, The More Things Change) but I lost touch with their later stuff. 

Which albums are worth listening to?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Interest here too. I played Burn My Eyes a lot and lost touch after that.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17668
    tFB Trader
    I've just looked into it and was reminded that I stopped buying their albums because they went Nu-Metal with "The Burning Red"

Apparently they went back to thrash with later albums so might give them a go.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I kinda went off metal about '98/'99 for a few years bar a few bands so that maybe makes sense. Can't recall what was happening with them though.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    The Blackening. Nothing else, really. 

I want to like MH more than I actually do, because of Flynn and Demmel being in Vio-Lence and generally being good blokes, but apart from a handful of songs, musically they're actually fairly tedious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Yep, The Blackening is great - mostly everything else is so so, and the track they released in the last week or so is completely terrible. Vio-Lence were by far the superior band imo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17668
    tFB Trader
    Surprised about that Burn My Eyes is probably in my top 10 metal albums list.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Paging @Reverend!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I tried dozens of times to get into 'The Blackening' but I felt it was just a bit too clean production wise and it kept making me want to stick 'Burn My Eyes' on.

New song is hilarious.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5554
    I've got the original Vio-Lence demo tape somewhere...
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Massive machine Head fan me, but I also question what the hell they are doing with that abomination of a single they just released.

Burn My Eyes obviously goes without saying. Through the Ashes of Empires is fucking brilliant, The Blackening is fantastic (imo), there are some good tracks off of Unto the Locust, and a few good ones off of Bloodstone and Diamonds.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • ^ what he said. Burn my eyes, blackening & locust are all good. I saw them live in The Liquid Rooms (a rather small venue) a year or two ago. Bloody amazing.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23083
    I bought The Blackening on the strength of the reviews at the time and it is indeed good.  Prior to that I had the first three albums and had lost interest.  I haven't heard any of the other four(?) albums... so actually I've got nothing useful to add.  

Sorry.