Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Signature guitar gimmicks that devalue the model

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Have we got as far as talking about the Bumblefoot thimble?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited January 2014
    usedtobe said:
    Some day everyone will have their own signature guitar.. Ok - maybe not..
    I think the golden rule is "3 Signatures is a step too far"
    For example - if a hot young guitarist says to Gibson - "Can I have my signature model based on my Rossington Les Paul?" the answer should be:
    "No, You can't. It is embarrassing enough that we are insulting Les Paul by selling guitars with 2 signatures on them, even if the second signature is on the back of the headstock. Or on the case."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    The Sonic Youth Jazzmasters, Chris Cornell 335, Yamaha SA503TVL are all brilliant guitars that happen to be signatures but tastefully and discretely done.  I wish they would depreciate quickly.  I have one of the new TVL Jazzmasters on pre-order but thats nothing to do with the artist association either
    I reckon they will go up in price...

I have a TVL Jazzmaster on order as well. I do love me a Jazzmaster!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Jetfire said:
    Have we got as far as talking about the Bumblefoot thimble?
    I have one and use the thimble all the time. Maybe it's just me and Ron who use it!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • oddballoddball Frets: 248
    I always thought the Herman Li hand grip on the top horn of his sig Ibanez was horrible - no one holds their guitar that way and for those that do not long enough to need a special carve.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    57Deluxe said:
    anything with Eric Clapton scrawled over it... 
    Not sure your theory is borne out by the used prices for Clapton Strats or OOO28ECs...   :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    The Sonic Youth Jazzmasters, Chris Cornell 335, Yamaha SA503TVL are all brilliant guitars that happen to be signatures but tastefully and discretely done.  I wish they would depreciate quickly.  I have one of the new TVL Jazzmasters on pre-order but thats nothing to do with the artist association either
    The Cornell 335 is the ultimate signature edition for me, at the moment anyway, in that matte olive green finish, wow.  It's a real shame they are so sought after because they hardly seem to be depreciating at all.
  • Really hoping the Jim root jazzmaster is hated by all so I can snap up a bargain...