SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Ibanez Musician

What's Hot
stratosonicstratosonic Frets: 33
edited July 2016 in Guitars £

Now Sold - 1978 Ibanez musician (MIJ), with active 3 band eq/boost circuit, tappable and out of phase buckers, thru neck, ebony fretboard, ash top on mahogany body. In VGC with original aluminium hard case. Prefer collection or meet close to Aberdeen.

Rare guitar, Possible trade for Fender electrics?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3001
    That's not just rare, the AV (antique violin) finish is highly sought after in the Ibanez community. Have you tried ICW?

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/index.php
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Lovely! They used to be one of my objects of teen lust. Wish I had the lolly, but good luck with the sale :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, will post there as well .

• dogload said:
    Lovely! They used to be one of my objects of teen lust. Wish I had the lolly, but good luck with the sale :)
    Thanks, would keep it, but need to thin the herd before buying something else! :)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    Keep it, guaranteed you'll miss or even regret it coz you won't find another especially in that condition.
    have a wow!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Wow!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

You won't find another. Only 2 recorded on ICW.
    £650 is a crazy price for what this is. Impeccable workmanship, all original, alu flight case. Looks pristine too.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Sarge said:
    Keep it, guaranteed you'll miss or even regret it coz you won't find another especially in that condition.
    have a wow!
    This is more than probably true!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    78 is my YOB I have a Fender and a Gretsch I might consider trading. Let's talk on PM. Distance could be against us though. :(
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:
    78 is my YOB I have a Fender and a Gretsch I might consider trading. Let's talk on PM. Distance could be against us though. :(
    Will pm you Steve.

• Thx for all the advice and comments guys, you're almost talking me into keeping this one :)

• weekend bump.
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    edited May 2018
    I’m retroactively amending all my comments for privacy’s sake. I know they’re cached in places, but this is still a best attempts effort. Mods - if any rules have been broken, please revert this post.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
  • Sold, thanks to everyone for info and interest.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6717
    These are terrific instruments... lucky buyer. I have one in dark stain, plus I have an MC300 in dark stain which gets played more just because I prefer passive pickups. Could be a reason to sell the MC400!

I see the ICW boys are getting into the spirit with this one :-) Are you regretting it yet?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not one bit, I much prefer the USA strat that's replaced it, but I best not say that to the ICW folks ;)
  • stratosonicstratosonic Frets: 33
    edited June 2016
    Not one bit, I much prefer the USA strat that's replaced it, but I best not say that to the ICW folks ;)
    I shared that thought on ICW :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom