Wossit worth?

rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
So I have a couple of amps but am likely to get a new amp in a couple of months. I would appreciate any advice on what they might be worth- either px or on the sh market. Don't get me wrong, both are cracking amps in their own right but a 3rd amp in the house may cause Mrs Rsv to ask the odd question. 

First up we have an original Session sessionette SG 75 1 x 12 combo. Currently not being used much. All fully working and bought new by me in the 80's. Cracking ss amp.

Second we have my jtm60 head. 100% lovely clean side but I have never managed to get the best out of the OD channel. Again owned by me since new. 

The reason for asking is that I might drop £1900 on a new Mesa. If they are worth a quid I will move them on to offset the cost of the Mesa. But if they are worth sod all, I will keep them as live back up, or go stereo/wet dry.

So there you have it. Advice appreciated. Thanks y'all

An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72432
    Going on what I've seen…

Sessionette: £100 to £250 depending on condition and covering - "tweed" ones in nice condition seem to be worth a touch more than vinyl ones - and whether it has the proper footswitch (worth about £30 on its own).

Marshall: £200 to £250 probably.

If you want to keep one as a backup, keep the Session. They're getting on a bit now and do have a few issues, but if serviced are pretty reliable. The Marshall, less so.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Sell them both, buy a second hand Mesa. Save yourself a bundle.