Oil City Masterwound Blackbird 'Afterburners'

2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10465
    tFB Trader
    That's okay, always happy to answer questions. The Blackbird usually works very well in Les Paul type guitars. You will probably find the tone to be a little more balanced and open the neck, as well as being a bit hotter. The alnico 4 gives a less scratchy top end than the Burstbucker Pro's alnico 5. In the bridge I would expect a touch more mids from the Blackbird's hotter wind, still with bags of string definition
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, @TheGuitarWeasel ;

I've got the clear ones and not sure how they'll look in a Desert Burst. Can they be chrome covered, aftermarket? 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10465
    tFB Trader
    They should be able to be ... the spacing is a little odd on the clear bobbins, but 52bridge and 50 neck should fit
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message