Anyone rocking a Bassbreaker yet?

What's Hot
markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
Seen a few videos and they all look pretty good, but has anyone bought one yet or had a good try of one and what do you think?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    I've played the 007 and its great. Very marshally but with more low end.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24831
    I rocked one in a local shop recently and was told to stop - they were worried I'd knock it over....
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    I'm looking for something smaller than the HRD I've currently got, and feature-wise, the 18/30 would be great but it's still probably too much. The 15 sounds good, but wish the gain level thingy was foot switchable rather than just a knob on the amp itself. Wonder if it would be a pain in the arse to use live (if I ever get round to it again)

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I tried the 007 in a shop and it was a great gain sound but basically impossible to get any clean headroom.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17639
    tFB Trader
    I tried the 45 and thought it was great
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    I tried a 45 and disliked it. As the note died away it had a horrible after tone.  I couldn't tell if it was a valve rattle, a faulty valve or if basically that is how it sounds. The guy in the shop didn't seem to worried so I tried something else instead. 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I've had the 15 combo for a couple of months and I absolutely love it - but I don't gig so only have experience at home and at a few jam nights.
    @chuffola - what do you think of the switch/ knob for the different drive levels? Guess at home it's fine, but could it be a pain using it live?
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Yes, not switchable so not good if you need that.

However, all three are great and I see no reason why you couldn't pick the gain level you like and forget - but you'd either need to be comfortable using your guitar vol knob or a pedal for more gain, of course.

It's the best sounding amp, for me, that I've owned
    It does sound brilliant in all the videos I've seen. Perhaps I need a head version on the 18/30. Oh, hang on, that's the only one they don't do a head of. Bugger.