Rappoport on a Friedman.. SS model?

What's Hot
AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 856
edited August 2016 in Amps
Great clip here!
Fantastic sounding amp and a great player.. Is this the Steve Stevens model?
I really want one since I saw that Andy Wood demo a few years ago

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounded better playing PWE 3
  • Anyone on the forum own a SS100? It's gonna be my next amp and im just looking for an owners opinion or two before i throw up my WTB =) ??
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • karltonekarltone Frets: 50
    I think Rappa would make any amp sound good. The delay on the friedman demos is always amazing, though usually not through the amps fx loop but taken from the line out into delays then in matrix power amps. 
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    I had a SS100.

I sold it in favour of keeping the BE100.

Great amp, with a 'darker' tone than the BE, but I already have that sound covered with other amps.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 856
    edited August 2016
    Ah, i looooove dark amps
    I've just got an fx8 so I think with a decent channel switcher I could really bring the fx to its full potential.
    One will defo land in my lap before Xmas so
    @karltone Doug really is amazing huh? Dont know if you were aware of it but he did a "Slash" on it , in that he's originally from the UK.......
    I;ve spoke to him about it and the SS is his favorite amp, mind you, if you watch some demos he's done with the Edgar winter group and a pair of DSL's...... Amazing the difference opening up an amp makes......
  • karltonekarltone Frets: 50
    Yeah he is a great player, didn't know he was UK born though. The SS (and the JJ) is the not that different to the BE100, basically they are the same circuit with a few component changes, if i remember correctly the first coupling cap is larger allowing a bit more bass through the preamp. 
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
  • The clean channel is what would sell it for me though - I could do gigs without using the drive side lol.
    But it still boils down to the Andy Wood demo doing all the Eric Johnson stuff. TO have that in a handy channel switcher  -  plus the tones with the volume down just sounds incredible. Lovely clean to mean to quote a phrase =)