SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fs - mamiya rz67 pro ii with 50mm wide angle lens

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
edited July 2016 in Misc £
Hi, I'm selling one of my mamiya rz's.

These are the doggies danglies. Absolutely pro quality solid build with heavy use studio and outdoor photography in mind. This one is well used but well looked after and works perfectly bar one small flaw (that nobody uses anyway...). This includes all electronics, communication to the back, mirror/shutter/film advance lever, bellows and rails (absolutely smooth and straight) and it is completely light tight.

The back is the newest pro ii version with light seals that don't degrade and it's fully tested and still light tight. Rotates and locks into place perfectly and maintains perfect electrical connection (some I've tried in stores don't and need a good contact clean!).

The hood is interchangeable, as is the focusing screen. Comes with standard screen and hood - the screen is in mint condition, and I recently cleaned it so it's super clear. As the back is rotated, the orientation is indicated in the screen and this works flawlessly. No more accidents!

Multiple exposure prevention works perfectly (you can do multiple exposure if you want)... Basically, everything on the camera and lens, from hot shoe to cable release, works perfectly and it is fully tested. The shutter is electronic (unlike rb67) and extremely accurate - allowing flash sync to 1/400th. It also works perfectly with rb67 lenses, although they will need servicing of the mechanical shutter prior to use.

The only niggles are a small crack on the base of the hood that doesn't affect performance and the fine focusing knob has threaded (a common fault). I never use this anyway - it's a waste (previous rb67 and rz67 models didn't have it and no one misses it!). I was quoted between £100-£150 to have it repaired by an authorised London repair centre a few months back, but decided I didn't need it. This means you get the camera cheaper, too :)

The 50mm 4.5 sekor z lens is in amazing condition given its use. No fungus, only minor rub/scratches on the front element that won't affect performance. The letters are rubbed a bit, and the filter ring has a minor dent on it but mounting filters is still easily possible (see picture). Equivalent of a 24mm ish lens on full frame, so wide, but the bellows allow focusing beyond 1:1 macro. Shite for portrait but ace for wide and macro, so quite versatile and takes stunning photos. You can get the absolutely beautiful 90,110 or 180mm lenses to do your portrait work for less than £200 and you'd have a wonderful kit.

As you can probably tell, I love these and they are my favourite camera of all time. However, I am selling one as I want to buy an amp and this makes a rather nice trade in (and I don't forsee them ever breaking so I don't need a spare!). I'm after a fast sale so I'm asking for £370 PayPal gift. This is on ebay, too, just for disclosure, albeit more expensive. Offers will be considered!

If you don't want to use PayPal gift, no dramas,it'll just cost a few bob more. I'm happy to post, insured and tracked, and I'm ace at excessive super safe packaging. :)

Pictures will be coming shortly. Apologies for overly long description!

Also, the back comes loaded with a fresh roll of velvia 50 rvp and I'll throw in a couple of spare rolls from the freezer. I'm nice like that :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited July 2016
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • More images in this album - I think I've covered everything, but please let me know if you've got any questions.  

edited July 2016
    Bump - 350 quid gets you this awesome camera and a few rolls of velvia 50. If you've never seen 6x7 transparency slides, it's time you read a Bruce Percy book :)
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    oh my, nice camera!!  That is a bargain my friend.  I will share your advert with some photographer friends I have and hope one is looking to try a good film camera.  GLWTS
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    edited July 2016
    entee;1139212" said:
    oh my, nice camera!!  That is a bargain my friend.  I will share your advert with some photographer friends I have and hope one is looking to try a good film camera.  GLWTS
    It is a beaut, and the latest, toughest version with the best back ;) just the minor issues really, but I think it's a bargain price. I'm after a quick sale, see, release funds for something that makes more noise... ;)

That would be much appreciated!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Twenty years ago, I'd have bitten your hand off for this.    I wonder whether film cameras will ever go the way of vinyl records and become really desirable again?

Good luck.
    edited July 2016
    RobDavies said:
    Twenty years ago, I'd have bitten your hand off for this.    I wonder whether film cameras will ever go the way of vinyl records and become really desirable again?

Good luck.

It's happening - sort of. Film is far from dead, although I fear slide is going. Black and white lives strong for sure, and digital emulation still doesn't cut it (yet) so it'll stick. I got my Rolleiflex several years ago for fifty quid. I could get about five times that now :) and it's the less desirable 1930s mk2 versions, not the later ones. I still use it, regularly.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    RobDavies;1143776" said:

Good luck.
    I've just sold up all my guitar gear and bought a rolliflex 2.8f from 1966 and a leica from the 80s. #filmsnotdead
  • allicio;1144363" said:
    [quote="RobDavies;1143776"]Twenty years ago, I'd have bitten your hand off for this.    I wonder whether film cameras will ever go the way of vinyl records and become really desirable again?

Good luck.
    I've just sold up all my guitar gear and bought a rolliflex 2.8f from 1966 and a leica from the 80s. #filmsnotdead [/quote]

Fancy a mamiya? ;)

I sold my m3, I loved it's simplicity but 35mm just doesn't hold a candle to medium format, regardless of lens sharpness.

Of course, I'd love to try large format but the rollei is so small and takes such beautiful shots...
  • Provisionally sold on ebay.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 705
    Probably for the best ... don't want to replace my guitar GAS with camera GAS ...