Told you so - Chris Evans

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    edited July 2016
    I resigned too today, did not want to feel left out, but I've not seen news about it on the BBC website or Twitter!

Caught the 1st, 4th and 15 minutes of last night's show. It has got better.  The piece last night on the MGB was his best by far and while I'm not always a fan of Top Gear 3.0, there certainly was room to make a second series and build on it.   

Lets be brutally honest, who ever replaced Clarkson was going to fail in the first series if they remade the old series.  David Beckham could take over and it would still struggle because we want it to fail because the BBC have, in most peoples eyes made a mistake.

Like Cameron, he should stick around and give it another go.  I however will not and I'm off at the end of the month!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    chillidoggy;1138021" said:
    Skarloey said:

Word is CE will take over UKIP.

Farage will present Top Gear

David Cameron will be the new R2 breakfast show presenter.

And Jeremy Clarkson will lead Brexit negotiations.

Hot meals before bedtime and trebles all round.

You were doing fine until you omitted the one about a good punch-up.
    @chillidoggy

In view of recent tabloid allegations my solicitors advised me not to make any jokes about things coming to blows, shall we say.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I quite like Chris Evans but think he's far better on radio than TV. He wasn't quite right on Top Gear but he took the poisoned chalice and I'm sure he did very well out of it financially.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited July 2016

I totally put this in the wrong thread. Soz.
  • NotNowJohnNotNowJohn Frets: 187
    I have met numerous media types who have worked with Chris Evans over the years. 
    They all agree he is a total twat and an insecure bully.
    He also used to drop his trousers in meetings, expose his ginger bollocks and ask "what's all this about then?" Hilarious.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They should get Alain Prost
    Old Is Gold
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    3 hours later and the top BBC news story is still failed presenter quits magazine show. Licence fee refund please.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24813
    Chalky;1138377" said:
    3 hours later and the top BBC news story is still failed presenter quits magazine show. Licence fee refund please.
    To be fair, there's not much else going on at the moment, so I can see why there's a media frenzy around this story.

There are even multiple threads on here about it....
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Clarkson must be pissing himself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    Evilmags said:
    Clarkson must be pissing himself
    Given how much he's getting now he's probably got someone to do that for him.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    The driving forces behind that show were Clarkson and Wilman plus the chemistry between the presenters.  Why do you think that May and Hammond left as well?  Because they knew this.  I recall May being door stepped by reporters at his house and saying that he thought Clarkson was a knob but he really liked working with him.

Once the BBC decided not to renew Clarkson's contract they should have dropped the show.  Instead they stupidly or arrogantly (depending on your point of view) failed to understand what made it successful.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    The making of the Hammond, Clarkson and May bromance was the hamsters dragster crash.  They were pretty close before that, Hammond being the glue between them.  I think I read an interview last year that the three of them spend 10 months a year traveling together for shows and filming.  You cant replicate that chemistry in one series which was always going tobe the problem.   The BBC needed to film 3 years worth of segments to make one series that would come close.