Fox the first to fall

What's Hot
NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36718196

Theresa May got 1 more vote than the other 4 put together...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17637
    tFB Trader
    I think the really interesting thing is if May voters now switch to Gove to keep Leadsom out of the final choice.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26630
    Reports thus far suggest that's already happening - tactical voting because May would rather fight Gove than Leadsom.

Frankly, I'm surprised Leadsom's got as much as she has. Her track record is just as bad as Gove's, and she doesn't have the reputation for tenacity that May has.
    <space for hire>
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I thought Fox hunting was banned ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    Gove should drop out at this stage to help Leadsome progress.

Crabb should also drop out.  The only way he can make the final two is if  some of May's supporters vote tactically at the next rounds, voting for Crabb in order to try to prevent either Leave candidate to reach the final two. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

Ro_S said:
    Why would he do that? He genuinely believes he has a chance, and he's directly profiting from May's supporters trying to keep Leadsom out of the final two.
    <space for hire>
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Ro_S said:

Crabb should also drop out.  The only way he can make the final two is if  some of May's supporters vote tactically at the next rounds, voting for Crabb in order to try to prevent either Leave candidate to reach the final two. 
    crabbs just gone
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ...and IDS has backed Leadsom, which is something of a poisoned chalice.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Ro_S said:
    Why would he do that? He genuinely believes he has a chance, and he's directly profiting from May's supporters trying to keep Leadsom out of the final two.
    Cos at the time I made my post Crabb hadn't announced he was withdrawing.  If Crabb remained in the second round there's a good chance Gove's or Leadsome's chances of progressing would be affected.  
    And cos Leadsome's higher votes at round one means that Gove has little realistic chance of making it to the final two.  Leave MPs are going more for Leadsome.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22169
    Reports thus far suggest that's already happening - tactical voting because May would rather fight Gove than Leadsom.

Frankly, I'm surprised Leadsom's got as much as she has. Her track record is just as bad as Gove's, and she doesn't have the reputation for tenacity that May has.
    She's malleable. She'll say the right things for the right people. Still think she'll end up replacing Gobby. 

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24815
    Glad Crabb's gone. Questionable views on homosexuality and avoids 'Crabb Prime Minister' headlines....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom