Bike rollers (non Brexit content)

mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
Just got a set of bike rollers to work on some core stability. 

It's pretty scary at first, a bit like riding on ice. Once you get the hang of it, it's great fun, but you really have to concentrate all the time, a bit like being on a Velodrome track in that respect. 

The trick is not to look down, look straight ahead and don't stop pedalling.

Anyone else use them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I tried once, couldn't use them. Turbo trainers FTW.

Are you using flats, or clipped in? Don't know how on earth you could use SPD's on them...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I'm using old school toe clips :)  I use the rollers by the side of the shed, so I can stick my arm out for stability if I'm about to come off.

• mellowsun said:
    I'm using old school toe clips :)  I use the rollers by the side of the shed, so I can stick my arm out for stability if I'm about to come off.

Probably a wise move.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    Love my rollers! I'm clipped into the road bike (don't see how you can get the smooth pedalling required without being clipped in tbh).

Use them for cadence and core work. I use a turbo with a power meter for full gas interval training...
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    I've never tried them, but there are some really funny youtube videos of people first trying them!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    I was using a Turbo Trainer for years and got sick of melting the back tyre, at which point I considered Rollers, however I didn't have big enough cojones for them. I tip my hat to you for sticking with it.