SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Fender Jazz Bass (£300 budget)

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
Looking for my bass player. Just wondering what you folks can offer?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9715
    I have a Fender MIM "Squier Series" Jazz Bass which I've been thinking of putting on here soon. The Squier Series were basically MIM Standard guitars equipped with cheaper Squier-level hardware and electrics. Bought as a project which I completely rewired etc. Cosmetically it's not the prettiest, but it's a solid player imho (I'm not really a bass player but it compares favourably with the Squier CV I bought recently).

I'll put some pics up in the next day or two, but it will come in at about 2/3rds (or less) of your budget...
  • EcoWarriorEcoWarrior Frets: 17
    Hi fella.  Grab a brand new Squire Vintage Modified Jazz bass.  £250.  Then spend £40 getting it setup.  I have had a a few old and new Fender jazz's and I absolutely love it.  I swapped the pickups for some EMG JVX's and there wasn't a great deal of difference to my ear to be honest.  I recorded both back to back.  Anyway, that's my tuppenths...
  • EcoWarriorEcoWarrior Frets: 17
    Or a Sire V7 (I think that's what it was).  About £320 delivered I think?  I had one of these but it was too heavy for me.  Absolute stonker.  Build quality was pretty staggering.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Bump
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Like @EcoWarrior I also have a Squier VM Jazz. 

I tried out basses in Dawsons in Belfast and settled on this. My heart was set on an Epiphone, but they didn't turn out anything like I thought they would at all. I fell in love with the VM Jazz totally. I played a MIM Jazz straight after and I thought, "In no way I this bass work £200 more than the Squier."

I think about upgrading it now and then. But three years later, I still haven't done anything to it. I thought of adding a high-mass bridge. I thought about swapping out pickups. Not sure I will in the end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Thanks guys - needs to be a Fender though. It's not for me, so I'm on strict instructions! :)