IT'S ARRIVED! I only went and won! Thorpyfx content

What's Hot
markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
edited July 2016 in FX
So in May, I entered the Guitar and Bass Facebook competition to win a @thorpyfx Warthog. In the meantime I completely forgot all about it until I get a message from G&B tonight to say I'd won!

I must say, I am particularly excited as I've been wanting a Thorpy pedal for ages. Not done much investigations on the Warthog (was looking to get the Gunshot or Peacekeeper) however having a quick read around this evening, it looks very interesting and more flexible than I imagined so will definitely be taking pride of place on my board.

Anywho, not sure when it will arrive, but I just wanted to share my excitement! 
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Lucky bastid, enjoy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    Congrats!
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    cool. Congrats man!
  • mark99mark99 Frets: 8
    The Warthog is great. Like you say it's hugely flexible, from low gain to fuzz type tones. Check out Mike Hermanns demo on YouTube if you haven't already seen it. It shows the range of tones you can get from it by adjusting the gain, calibre and tone controls.

Congrats - you'll love it!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    Massive congrats bud, hope you love it!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Warthog is very versatile. i'm finding different sounds all the time with mine
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8025
    Nice! I won booze in a raffle once, and £65 on the lotto. Would much prefer the warthog!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Sweet :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836

Thanks all, I'm very much looking forward to it and can't wait to give it a good try out.

@thorpyfx where do you recommend it goes in the chain? I'm currently running tuner>klone>TS>tremolo>delay>reverb. I guess after the klone or the TS? Maybe I'll just have a play and see where it suits.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader

Thanks all, I'm very much looking forward to it and can't wait to give it a good try out.

@thorpyfx where do you recommend it goes in the chain? I'm currently running tuner>klone>TS>tremolo>delay>reverb. I guess after the klone or the TS? Maybe I'll just have a play and see where it suits.

yeah I agree, after the Ts or after the klone. My preference would be after the Ts, however it could be fun to stack it into the Ts.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    Cool, will give it a try both ways and see what happens! Let's hope the good people of Chippenham don't mind some loud rock and roll!
  • I got a Warthog recently, and it is pure grubby magnificence. The note definition is superb, brilliant punchy tone. You are going to love this pedal.
    edited July 2016
    Well, it only went and arrived! Not plugged it in yet, but will do later today. Look at it....ooohhhh! I'm assuming it was a testing/ review pedal so not quite got all the @thorpyfx goodness, but it still looks lovely! Will report back once I've made some noise with it!

https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7332/27645785804_3da070efc7_z.jpg
    https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7289/27645779194_faea24e392_z.jpg
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7391/27980213320_23a8fd39e2_z.jpg
    Holy shit, this thing is amazing! Really versatile, like others have said, it goes from really low gain stuff, to almost fuzzy, without losing string clarity. I'm not quite sure how it's done, but bloody hell, it's clever. I wasn't sure if it was going to be my style, but it can do so much, there isn't a duff sound in it.

I did briefly stack it into a TS and it all became a bit much for me, though I'm fairly sure others would enjoy it, it just wasn't my normal sound. I'm going to have a play with it and the Klone though, perhaps using the Klone after it as a boost? I don't know, I'll have a faff around with my board and see what works.

Only one problem....now I need another ThorpyFX pedal! Probably the Peacekeeper as I'm normally a lower gain kind of player so I'd better get saving some pennies!
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    Congrats mate, the Peacekeeper is absolutely marvelous, you won't get a bad sound out of that either :)
    edited July 2016
    pj310 said:
    Congrats mate, the Peacekeeper is absolutely marvelous, you won't get a bad sound out of that either
    Cheers! And if you ever want to get rid of the Rift....... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Holy shit, this thing is amazing! Really versatile, like others have said, it goes from really low gain stuff, to almost fuzzy, without losing string clarity. I'm not quite sure how it's done, but bloody hell, it's clever. I wasn't sure if it was going to be my style, but it can do so much, there isn't a duff sound in it.

I did briefly stack it into a TS and it all became a bit much for me, though I'm fairly sure others would enjoy it, it just wasn't my normal sound. I'm going to have a play with it and the Klone though, perhaps using the Klone after it as a boost? I don't know, I'll have a faff around with my board and see what works.

Only one problem....now I need another ThorpyFX pedal! Probably the Peacekeeper as I'm normally a lower gain kind of player so I'd better get saving some pennies!

Nice. Try the tubescreamer into it rather than the other way around - it sounds like it may have some inspiration from the humble Rat from your and other people's descriptions, and rats can work well if boosted but don't go well into a tubescreamer unless you want that super compressed sound. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Also, congratulations on winning, what an ace prize. I love how thorpy pedals look, really nicely thought out. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Congratulations!
  • oh wow congrats mark! thats amazing! 
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/