SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tie Dye Fender Strat "Hippie Blue"....great condition!

What's Hot
SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 340
As per title, a hippie blue tie dye Fender Strat that's not getting much use, just like all the other strats I've owned over the years. I don't know why I keep buying them?!

There's a fair bit of info/photos around in the net but basically it's Korean made, one humbucker and one single coil, three way selector. Only 100 made in this colour. Lovely neck and quality hardware. It's a really nice thing.

This one is in great condition, hardly used and never gigged. Couple of small dings/rub marks but no cracked lacquer etc. I can't say it's mint, obviously, but of all my guitars this is the one in the best condition.

All original and above board apart from a slightly dodgy nut filing job to accomadate my 12-60 strings. Still has original trem arm.

Not really sure what these are worth as they rarely come up for sale so I'll say asking price of £350 but please let me know if I'm way off with that.

I've never posted a guitar before so I guess that will need to be discussed but I'm happy to travel and meet half way etc and I do drive about the country a fair bit.

Photos might take a a few days. Apologies for not having them ready!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 340
    Maybe also worth noting that I'm on the look out for an Adam Black Libre and/or an LTD 401/407....or maybe something else Les Pauly.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Sorry for the hijack. Just wanted to LOL at the thought of tying up a guitar andthrowing it in a bucket of Dylon.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    pintspiller;1144231" said:
    Sorry for the hijack. Just wanted to LOL at the thought of tying up a guitar andthrowing it in a bucket of Dylon.
    Ha! The image comes from an actual tie dye t-shirt....why that matters, I've no idea!
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    edited July 2016
    Slimbert said:
    pintspiller;1144231" said:
    Ha! The image comes from an actual tie dye t-shirt....why that matters, I've no idea!
    It's one of Jimi Hendrix's t-shirts apparently, though I could be wrong (having just looked it up....)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    milamber;1144267" said:
    Slimbert said:

pintspiller;1144231" said:Sorry for the hijack. Just wanted to LOL at the thought of tying up a guitar andthrowing it in a bucket of Dylon.

It's one of Jimi Hendrix's t-shirts apparently (having just looked it up....)
    Asking price is now £500.... ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a feeling they made a lot more than 100 of these based on the fact that my old music store was clearing out 10 of them at once quite a few years ago.

I actually used to have one of these in the red finish, it was a pretty nice guitar. Very flat neck but some good tones. I also quite like the slab of a body. Price wise I think you'd do very well to get more than £300, having bought and sold mine for around the £200 mark. I think the red one might be a bit more common though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    littlethoughts;1145119" said:
    I have a feeling they made a lot more than 100 of these based on the fact that my old music store was clearing out 10 of them at once quite a few years ago.

I actually used to have one of these in the red finish, it was a pretty nice guitar. Very flat neck but some good tones. I also quite like the slab of a body. Price wise I think you'd do very well to get more than £300, having bought and sold mine for around the £200 mark. I think the red one might be a bit more common though.
    Genuine thanks for all that!

I'm very open to offers and in no rush to sell. I like having it in my collection but it seldom gets used and so feel I should have the money in something that will.

It's an aquired taste and I can't see many strat fans liking this sort of thing.

Thanks again!
    Strangely enough I like it. Probably not enough to pay anywhere near £350 for it, but you are local so perhaps see how the sale goes and if I have any money left after the Amazon sale on Tuesday........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    milamber;1145204" said:
    Strangely enough I like it. Probably not enough to pay anywhere near £350 for it, but you are local so perhaps see how the sale goes and if I have any money left after the Amazon sale on Tuesday........
    You're more than welcome to come round and have a play either way....I'm a few minutes from Acle if that makes a difference? And you'd have to put up with my 12-60 gauge strings!
    Acle's a bit further away, but not too bad. I've got 13-56 on the acoustic so already have dead finger ends :) I'll see after Tuesday
  • Slimbert said:
    littlethoughts;1145119" said:
    I have a feeling they made a lot more than 100 of these based on the fact that my old music store was clearing out 10 of them at once quite a few years ago.

Genuine thanks for all that!

I'm very open to offers and in no rush to sell. I like having it in my collection but it seldom gets used and so feel I should have the money in something that will.

It's an aquired taste and I can't see many strat fans liking this sort of thing.

Thanks again!
    No worries! Pinpointing the price of something that doesn't show up all the time can be a bit of a crapshoot. Looking at ebay though, the same model sold in the states for about £290 quite recently so might be a good starting point. You're right that it might not appeal to strat fans, but with the flat neck and pickup configuration I think it could appeal to the shredders out there... I thought of it as being a super-vee or wudtone bridge and a pickup upgrade away from being something quite special.
    Bump to the top!
    Well it's a lovely day outside so I'm going to give this a Sunday afternoon bump!!