Video from last night's gig

thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
edited July 2016 in Live
Nothing major - taken on folks' phones! YouTube still doing the processing. 
Got the whole audio down but a bit boomy so will get the good bits and chuck it on soundcloud later. 

Did some killer Billy Idol, Lady Gaga etc!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    FYI I could barely hear myself in the monitors - next time going to speak up as I was playing notes but could barely make them out!
  • Given you're playing through a combo I'd say it'd be as easy to get an angled stand, having the speakers pointed upwards towards your ears makes a huge difference, reduces the need to crank the amp & increase potential feedback issues in the monitors as well.
    To be honest I think the guitar was too low in volume - those vids were with boost on. But yeah, should have angled it. Wouldn't be able to do that with head and cab though, which I'm thinking about..
  • The overall balance to me suggested the guitar was sitting quite nicely in the mix without overpowering anything, maybe a smidge more mids without pushing the master any further, but that's about it.

But if you do go down the head & cab route, then whenever possible I would also recommend going for an angled cab, gigged in the past with a single flat 4x12/4x10/2x12 cabs & the process of hearing yourself is immediately made a little more frustrating.

If you're looking at a 2x12 I know Engl amongst others do a vertical cab with the top 12" angled.
    Remember my boost pedal was on for most of that. 
    Right-o, will check that out! 
    Must admit though, I'm almost set on getting one of those NL212 lightweight cabs...
  • Ah, I misinterpreted your meaning of boost, if that's the case then also tweak your amp settings to get the same sound as you had with the boost on, that way the boost can then be used as was originally intended. :P