SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1983 block logo Tokai Goldstar Strat with quality upgrades

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7224
edited November 2017 in Guitars £
Bought this from a nice chap on here around 5 weeks ago and as good a guitar as it is I prefer the spank of my maple necked Suhr , there's no shame in that as the Suhr was a hell of a lot more money but it means the Tokai is sitting around looking lonely.

I'm looking for what it cost me all those weeks ago and am not really after trades.

I don't have to tell anyone here that these vintage Tokais are great guitars and the upgrades that came with the guitar really add to it.

On the guitar now is a trem by Wudtone which really does help things stay in tune and some lovely warm sounding Vintage Pups by Mojo Pickups. The guitar body was refinished in Red Nitro by a chap called Nigel Crinson (apparently he is known for his work with Vintage Teles and top end Violins ). It's a gorgeous deep finish and hopefully comes across in the photos.

It's in great nick as you can see and priced at what I paid for it all those weeks ago - £550 of our rapidly depreciating English pounds please.

Edit - now £525.....now £500 !..... 

I've nicked some photos from the original ad (cheers Parker !) and have a lot more where they came from if you want them.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments