El Cap and Brigadier from the Timeline???

Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3476
I have the El Cap and Brig and rarely, if ever, dig into the hidden controls...in fact, never. So question is, can I get the bog standard sounds of those pedals from the Timeline?

Most importantly, can I get good digital seat for Gilmour style stuff?

I'm a massive fan of the TC Nova Delay and if the TL can get something as good sounding as that, I'll be happy.

I love the El Cap, Brig and Nova, but it'd be nice to have them all in one box and have midi presets available.

Many thanks
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The digital delay engine on the Timeline is just brilliant. The dTape engine is great as well, the thing the El Cap has that the TL doesn't is a multi-head option. It's just down to whether you'd need that.
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 68
    I've found tha analog delay emulation on the TL to be particularly good - even when compared directly to an Analogman ADRX20. I have an El Cap as well on my small board and I prefer it to the dtape on the TL - but it's marginal. Have you seen the That Pedal Show episode where they try to see if a TL can sound the same as an old Echoplex - worth a look if you haven't.
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Jon there's a few great timeline settings on the Gilmour gear forum, I use them and they are very close for a single unit. Definitely recommend it.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    I always slightly preferred my El Cap over the Timeline... not sure why or if there is a physical difference.

But it was there, imho.
  • Thanks fellas, just picked a timeline up and will be testing it against the others over the course of my returns period (28 days, is really good!!!). Will let you know how I get on!

@garfy, legend thanks! Any chance you could forward a link for me? Done a quick search and couldn't find it. Cheers mukka

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3476
    edited July 2016
    So, first day with the Timeline and I'm really impressed. Took me a while to get what I wanted but I'm getting there. Just copied my Nova delay presets and I have to say, I'm impressed by how they've translated over to the Timeline. If I have one gripe, the TL sounds a little more sterile in comparison to the Nova, which is a nice sounding delay. But I've never been 100% happy with how it sits in the mix, so I've managed to get the Timeline to sit in the mix a lot better than I ever could with the Nova. Been able to get the TL to sound a little warmer too, which is nice. All in all, very close to my Nova now, so I can lose that....if... Tomorrow, I'll have a crack at matching my El Capistan and see how it will fare. I briefly had a stab at the dBucket and dTape settings and they're really impressive. Like I said, I'm not into the deeper settings of either of those pedals, so the TL should suit fine. Nor am I into the multihead delays either, so I think it'll be ok. Will let you know how I get on with that then the Brigadier. If all goes well, it'll be a keeper and some stuff will be going up for sale! :-)

• So I've hit my first snag...can't seem to kop the same dynamics as the El Cap. The Timeline just doesn't sound as sweet as the El Cap does. Will keep trying though. Any advice would be appreciated.