Morley Power Wah Boost issue

simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
any thoughts on this one guys? Everything works as it should but as soon as you turn the power to the pedal on, theres some loud hum introduced.
<br/><br/>
It runs off the mains. Im guessing a possible earthing issue maybe?
<br/><br/>
Ive not opened up the inside as i wouldnt know where to start but happy to try a few bits with some guidance if anyone thinks it may be fixable??
<br/><br/>

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• @icbm ?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    Does the hum level depend on where the wah is in relation to the other pedals and cables? These pedals have a mains transformer which will be producing a hum field.

Is the pedal power cable earthed? If it is, DO NOT undo the earth wire, other than temporarily to see if it cures the problem, then put it back. If that is the cause then you need the pedal properly modded to safely lift it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• @icbm i will check tomorrow and report back with my findings. Many thanks :)
  • @icbm the pedal was straight in to the amp btw - delay and boost on fx loop
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    @icbm the pedal was straight in to the amp btw - delay and boost on fx loop
    If they were physically close to the wah that could still be the problem though, if it's hum from the pedal's transformer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    edited July 2016
    Ahhhh i see - ill disconnect everything and just try the wah by itself tomorrow then. Thanks again