Headcount & who's missing

What's Hot

Comments

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    edited April 2014
    Well shit, I must have made an impact on MR. No worries concerns or mention of search parties for young dilbert ...................... whoa no. =(( 

;))

BTW, any news of "Lord of the Stance"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    viz;215473" said:
    That reminds me, where's vai n maiden? And Camarillo III, and Fink Floyd and Thing and all of those chaps.
    I thought Thing went to live in Oz
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    Roland;216145" said:
    I think they have the interweb in Oz
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Yeah, where's Vai'n'Maiden, Fink Floyd and Gojirosan? And Rock Babe?

I look at Drew and Emp's bickering and it reminds me of Fink and Goji in them olden days, like.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  

Roland;216145" said:
    Yeah but it's not real internet.  When you get through to the service provider they just tell you the web content, courage and your heart were inside you all along.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Roland;216145" said:

They do, except its upside down.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Nunogilberto;216655" said:
    Yeah, where's Vai'n'Maiden, Fink Floyd and Gojirosan? And Rock Babe?

I look at Drew and Emp's bickering and it reminds me of Fink and Goji in them olden days, like.
    Rockbabe went even before it became MR I think? Certainly she wasn't around for a very long time.

Goji took a sabbatical that eventually became permanent. He's still around on Facebook, but he doesn't post nearly as much as he used to. Seems ok though.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited April 2014
    Edit being dumb
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Hey!! I actually got a letter published?? I never got the mag - can you post what it said (or e-mail a pic of it)??

P.S. I'm here now! How's life in... Munich still? Can you write to my personal e-mail as I can't find your e-mail address... Thanks!
    @thomasross20 Welcome to our new home, Tiggs! I'll have a look through my issues from that period sometime, but they're likely still boxed from my move. If I can turn it out I can send it to you. I expect I've still got your e-mail.... I'm still hassling the Hoff at the Hoffbräuhaus and Hofftoberfest, just moved down the road from where I was before. That's left me without a practise room at home until I can fit heating to the new cellar and set up my gear down there. It's hard to play without a dedicated space for it when the whole house is still a building site. You getting to play much? With others? My band has a few gigs coming up, find us on Facebook: https://de-de.facebook.com/cyrencerocks
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    DLM, hello good sir!
    Thanks - I remember posting a letter but never thought it would get published - nice!
    Just PM me if you don't have my e-mail..
    Next time I'm in Munich I'll get in touch, definitely. I almost made the move there (or to Graz!!) about a year ago. Love Munich!
    I've got another guitarist, a bassist, a potential singer and a couple of leads for a drummer... BUT it's a little flakey with some being busier than others etc..... Why is it so difficult to find committed members!?
    Keep in touch..
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @thomasross20

I remember that, it must have been on MR still, or at least on Emp's temp forum. You're always welcome to visit here, anyway.

I'll let you know if I turn up the GT with your letter in it. You actually wrote one on paper! That's amazing in this world, where even e-mails are being superceded by messaging apps.

I've just watched your latest video on YouTube, what can I say but "Awesome!!". Some nice licks in there and the new guitar sounds good.

Finding band members is a right pain in the arse. I have to keep reminding myself how lucky I was to join an existing line-up and then to be able to find replacements for the drummer and bassist and get back to gigging without everything going pear-shaped. I suppose it really does speak for the quality of the material our singer writes. "Doing a band" requires massive input of one's spare time, and many are not really willing to go the whole nine yards, I guess. 

Oh and one more thing: If you've not heard Gloryhammer yet, get over to that there YouTube and find The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee. You'll love it!
  • minkyminky Frets: 10
    Um Hello.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Wotcha Minky.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• minkyminky Frets: 10
    So this is where everyone's hiding!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Damn ! He found us :(

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    minky said:
    Um Hello.

Hullo! :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    edited May 2014
    Ah yes, Minky was missing. Welcome back to the fold.

Now do you see what teacher meant by 'all hold hands and stay together'.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited May 2014
    ESBlonde said:
    Ah yes, Minky was missing. Welcome back to the fold.

Now do you see what teacher meant by 'all hold hands and stay together'.

I think the error was buddying Minky with Vim Fuego. Tunnelling out of that basement with nothing but a dog bowl and the bones of an old vagrant is quite a project.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    minky said:
    Um Hello.

Minky Monkey of old?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    He's not that old!
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."