The Ins and Outs of a Pedalboard

MartynPhilipMartynPhilip Frets: 12
Hopefully someone here will be able to point me to a resource that might help.....

I am looking to make or buy a patchbay to allow the guitar to go through the pedals on the board that go in the front end and also have a send/return for the back row.
Ideally i would like it buffered and be able to eliminate hum.

Has anyone seen something like this on the market or a circuit diagram for one?
I have has a look at the Ebtech thing which might do it but ideally i would like the outputs on the opposite side to the inputs.

The amp is a Boogie MK4 (that is what the switches are for).

Anyone done this before?

Chers.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    I made a simple patch bay that allows you to run some pedals in front of the amp and some in the effects loop. If I remember correctly one of the jacks is a switching jobbie so you can run everything in front of the amp if you are using the board into a non-loop amp. There's no buffers or hum cancelling gubbins, just a load of jacks. I might have a drawing somewhere if it's any use but it might be too simple for your requirements.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi, Thanks for the reply.
    The plain box at the top is much the same so I think I might need something a bit more complex but thanks anyway!

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    No worries. Maybe try Wee Lush Fx or Bright Onion - if they don't have an off the shelf solution I'm sure they could knock something up for you 
  • Cheers!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    Also interested. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    I got a basic patch box made for me just to add effects in now and again to my chain. Not sure if it's what you're after but it's £20 posted if you do. https://postimg.org/image/ly10ku7tt/
  • Hi Mark, does it have buffers and hum reducers? I had a look on their website but I can't tell if it does?
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited July 2016
    It's just a standard patch box. Nothing that fancy. I can recommend wee lush. Very helpful if you need something made.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Boss LS-2? 
    Alternatively, a bright onion switch box with a dedicated buffer pedal for your in-front pedals. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Overkill options are empress buffer + and gfu system pedalboard interface
  • Thanks everyone for the replies. I have ordered the shifter switch from Bright Onion - no buffer but the earth isolation is more important anyway. Is it here yet.....?
  • Quick update - I have fitted the Shifter Switch and it works a treat - the ground isolation is very simple but works very well and I now my set up is the quietest it has ever been!
    One more update to make the amp switch cabling a bit less bulky and I think we are there.
    I can recommend the Bright Onion box if you are using both front and loop FX.
  • I made my own rough and ready version, albeit without hum reduction.

I knocked up one of these:
    http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/pete-cornish-ld-1-buffer.html
    then housed it in an aluminium stomp box, with enough jack sockets to 4 cable it.