My little FX website

What's Hot
stratosonicstratosonic Frets: 33
edited July 2016 in FX
It's a work in progress (when I get time), but something I created to try & share resources & advice for new guitarists wanting to know more about FX. I dont claim to be an expert but I own & use a lot of fx, (makes up for lack of technical ability) :).  Hope there are some useful resources and links here, but feel free to suggest more?

http://www.gtreffects.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    edited July 2016
    Hey just had a little look around your site and thought I'd give you some, unsolicited, feedback, feel free to ignore. I am a User Experience Designer in my day to day life so I'm not just speaking out my arse:

- Your links are hidden by the cookies notice
    - The homepage doesn't do anything currently, I'd suggest putting some links in there to the rest of your content, as the header is kind of hidden, and there's no reason for me to go hunting for it, as there is no indication on first view that there's anything there.
    - Your header images dominate the page and detracts from the content, you'd be better served by reducing them by about 3/4, I'd almost certainly reduce the size of your footer too, by at least 2/3rds.

It's also worth having a think about what you want your website to do, and what information you want your users to find, and putting this front and centre.

Hope this helps!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks very much for the feedback, will make those fixes at the weekend, perhaps need to look at a different weebly template. Cheers.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    You could perhaps move the cookie consent bar to the bottom.  I have also noticed, if you view the site in either Edge, or Internet explorer 11 there's a vertical scroll bar appearing on the right hand side of your banner when it goes into mobile view. (zoom in 150% or more).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the feedback guys, I've made a few tweaks based on your advice.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    This looks good, wish there was something around like this when I started out!

Would a budget section be a good idea?
    for example recommended effects types in each price range (cheap,mid range, pro)

Should stick a link to thefretboard on there as well :)

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1028
    Looks good so far, maybe add some more samples of different pedals.
    “Ken sent me.”
  • thanks @d8m and @guitartango , good ideas, will add them to my to do list :)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Read the Dave Hunter book, that will help with content.