So, EQD Avalanche Run vs Tonal Recall ? Thoughts ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
edited July 2016 in FX
Well, it's been forever since I bought a pedal !!!

Fancy one of these pair, after selling some stuff and Paypal account topped up !

What says you ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    edited July 2016
    I'd say No and then I'd scrape down the back of the sofa for some more coins and go for the Empress Reverb.

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    Inevitable dibs ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    I like my Tonal Recall, although it has some bias issues, so I'm sending it back to Joel to fix. For some reason mine isn't keen on being before the amp. Sounds wonderful clean in an fx loop though
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
    Wow Patrick, is that so ? May have just crossed it off my list...
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited July 2016
    Waz, you've got all the fancy delay gimmicks you could shake a stick at with the fx8.  What you need is just a decent analogue delay that is pure fun to play.  Wait a few weeks for the Endangered Audio Research AD4096 version 2 to be released:

https://m.facebook.com/EndangeredAudio/photos/a.431281193622917.1073741825.263442717073433/1028714313879599/?type=3&source=4
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    You should try a Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you've got an fx8,  why not indulge in something vintage with bags of character? You could get an old dmm, boss dm2,  even a tape delay. It would give you something that's genuinely unique and probably won't sound like any other one you've tried. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    I have a pal who has the tonal and it sounds amazing but he has had some problems with it and has had to send it back to be repaired and from what i understand he's not the first! It seems unusual because all of his other stuff seems to be really reliable.

I have heard very good things about the avalanche run mind but i cant comment in terms of reliability but every EQD pedal I have had has been solid. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2616

Someone asked about using the Avalanche Run with distortion. I'm running it after 2 Rats, a Big Muff, a boost and a home made Octane 3 like fuzz. I'm hugely enjoying getting a bit of noise going then hitting the self oscillate button... Can't wait to play with it in a band setting at proper volume

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Lew said:

Lol!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9615
    Lew said:
    @Lew, as you know mate, Ive tried it twice and so wanted it to work...
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Didn't realize you tried twice. Deffo not for you then! Did you get shot of the Moog in your digi frenzy too?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Where do you find these things Nick??!?
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    That endangered audio looks great @nickb_boy did you have it modded for tap tempo?
    edited July 2016
    simonk said:
    Where do you find these things Nick??!?
    There's a load of random stuff to stumble across on Instagram.  Every now and again something that isn't just a straight up clone in an expensive fancy painted enclosure turns up.
    That endangered audio looks great @nickb_boy did you have it modded for tap tempo?
    I've still got the original version.  I'm toying with the idea of  doing their double delay time mod on mine.  This pic is of the prototype for the v2 which is about to be released
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    Really like that switch to create feedback swells. Sounds fantastic. Need one of these!