Boss GX 700 rack

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9889
Seen one of these for sale in my local Cash Generator for £80, anybody know anything about them? I know Boss cosm amp modelling is awful but the other features seem quite good if the effects are the same as the normal boss effects?

I think I've read the drives are analogue, anybody know if they are essentially the same as their drive pedals? The models are as follows if that helps:
Vintage OD (SD1??)
Turbo OD (OD2??)
Blues (BD2?)
Distortion (DS1?)
Turbo Distortion (DS2?)
Fuzz (could be a few I guess)

Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I used to use one into a Marshall 80 stereo power amp and it was brilliant. I was playing nu-metal and punk at the time though.
  • NotNowJohnNotNowJohn Frets: 187
    I used one for years - it's a great unit. The OD/Dist are pretty good but the fuzz is superb, def comparable with the pedals. It's also got the Vibrato effect which is fab. £80's a reasonable price if it's in good nick. The black plastic dial on the front has a habit of falling off.
  • Used to own one, good unit, but I remember the drives being a bit sterile? Now using the Boss GL100 rack preamp with the Boss SX700 fx unit in send/return for recording at home, same fx without the distortion, etc.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2366
    I gigged one for many years, using its effects only through amp loops. Still have it but gone back to pedals for now. For £80 it is worth it for the time based effects alone, if in good working order.