How do you power your Vox DelayLab?

What's Hot
vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
I just got a Powerplant Jr. from Thomann, with 5 100ma 9v iso outputs on, it powers the DelayLab up but into like a 'warning mode' where it doesnt actually work...

The manual just says '9V power supply' and doesnt give an indication of how many ma it needs... I'm gonna go ahead and assume it needs 400ma like the Line 6 modellers and shit do?

If so, I guess ill get an ISO5 or a HotStone SMD for the high current output?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited July 2016
    Current consumption 200mA (typical).

http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/DelayLab_OM_EFG1.pdf

Page 20  :)

You can power it up with a higher mA supply though, the pedal will only take what it needs.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Ebay replacements are 1.0a.
    All the images i can see of the original PS say it's a 600ma supply.

I would say it's safe to assume it's around a 400ma requirement, as you said.
    Most of the replies i found to this question were suggesting using the high current output on an ISO5 (Is that 500ma, i can;t remember?)

If it's going silly with the 100ma power, then i reckon you've sussed it and it needs far more wallop.

Do you have a wall wart you can test it with? Anything above 500ma will tell you if you're right.
    I've got a spare 1.0a PS here with a daisy chain if you want to borrow it for testing - you're not far away if you can be arsed to come and get it ?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24620
    Coal
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The powerplant junior comes with a current doubling cable (yellow). Goes into two outputs. that may do it if it need 200ma as spec.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    I use a Visual Sound One Spot, with the Delaylab daisy-chained with a digital reverb and a load of analogue pedals.

Had no issues. Ever. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Use a Boss PSU after the original one broke...no issues
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I used to use the diago daisy PSU thingy. Was only £30 and worked with no drama.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    Use a Boss PSU after the original one broke...no issues
    Did you get a PSU with yours? I didn't... 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    I use a dedicated wall wart.   

I use a One Spot daisy chain for my standard analogue pedals.  
    Everything else gets either its intended factory special power supply, a dedicated 9v wall wart; or a battery. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I use the yellow doubler cable for the power plant jr into my DelayLab. Works fine.
  • Sweet! Can always trust you lads to know what's up
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30309
    I find electricity works best.

Can you not link 2 of the outputs on the power plant?
  • I haven't tried it yet but I assumed that would also double the voltage and perhaps damage the pedal
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    I haven't tried it yet but I assumed that would also double the voltage and perhaps damage the pedal
    in the case referred to (harley benton power plant junior) it doesnt change the volts, only the ma.   i believe.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Tried it, it works! Thanks everyone