DOD Carcosa... Doom me up baby

What's Hot
vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
Anybody seen this?

I want one so bad, looks like for now it'll have to be ordered from PGS in the USA!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    Caught the clip on YouTube last night. Might be the first fuzz I've actually wanted for ages.
  • Yeah I'm trying to find somewhere to buy one in the UK! Might have to get one shipped from PGS
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    WTF has happened to DOD? They have gone from making utter dull shite that I wouldn't even consider to some of the most exciting pedals available from a mainstream maker.
    Sounds ace
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • With a discount code, it comes to just shy of £90, including shipping. No import fees though.
  • impmann said:
    WTF has happened to DOD? They have gone from making utter dull shite that I wouldn't even consider to some of the most exciting pedals available from a mainstream maker.
    Sounds ace

I think they've always had great pedals - the screamin blues, bad monkey, grunge, classic tube, a few awesome stereo analogue chorus pedals... 

They had poor quality switches though (my fx65 is reliable so far... But they're reported as being awful) and a lot of the others were utter shit. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    The Carcosa sounds awesome. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    Sounds ace
    I think Digitech have had a management shakeup.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Since they've been back, DOD have nailed it with their pedals. Not a bad or mediocre one in the lot.

I wasn't old enough to remember DOD in the 90s when they had a reputation for original sounding and well thought out pedals that broke shortly after purchase. Now that they've added reliability to the pedals, they're selling incredibly well as a result.

Case in point with the Carcosa. With the Before and After knobs, plus a switch, they've managed to coax a huge range of tones out of one circuit. With an MSP of $99, this could be a really affordable alternative to alot of boutique, plus £100 pedals.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    With a discount code, it comes to just shy of £90, including shipping. No import fees though.
    Have you got around to buying a Carcosa yet?  

Shame it is a PGS special.  Digitech are really shooting themselves in their foots right now, they'd sell bucketloads at $99 if it was available worldwide! 
  • That looks pretty good.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    impmann said:
    Sounds ace
    I doubt "DOD" as a company actually exists in any meaningful way, its just a label harman/digitech releases things under.