Yngwie in the 80s.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24616
    Elx said:
    2:26-3:35, if you can't be bothered to listen to the whole song, please listen to this and I swear I won't try to change your opinion :) Listen to it carefully and tell me it's just wanking :)

It's very rapid scales with uninspiring little hooks between them - sorry - it leaves me cold.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • have you seen the footage of yngwie shopping for vintage strats on the tube? 

It really sums up 80s excess in the most fantastic way!

This?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• have you seen the footage of yngwie shopping for vintage strats on the tube? 

It really sums up 80s excess in the most fantastic way!

This?

Yes!

excellent! I love the totally over the top arrogance. It is quite charming.
  • 1988, I was in the 6th Form common room, my mate Simon brought in a copy of 'Odyssey' on tape. I popped it into my Sony Walkman, popped on my orange foam covered headphones and listened to 'Rising Force'. I was astounded....

That all sounds incredibly dated, but it's true! At the time I'd been listening to a lot of Randy Rhoads, EVH etc. and this was just the next major step forward in my mind. It then turned me onto the whole Shrapnel stable - particularly Vinnie Moore and Tony Macalpine, then Vai.

I met Malmsteeen once, a mate was his lighting guy, I was very disappointed.....got to see a great soundcheck though, Uli Jon Roth was there too so I nearly wet myself.
  • Yngwie's music doesn't age well, but that's part of the charm 
  • AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 857
    edited September 2016
    I love him. Amazing guitarist. 
    Ive said it before, if he had been killed in that car crash, he'd be up there with Hendrix (sorry for awful pun) and EVH.
    Those first 4 albums - holy moly.
    Eva green good.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • I lve him. Amazing guitarist. 
    Ive said it before, i dhe had been killed in that car crash, he'd be up there with Hendrix (sorry for awful pun) and EVH.
    Those first 4 albums - holy moly.
    Eva green good.
    I think after the car crash his playing got a little less interesting.  For me, his best stuff was pre-car crash.  
  • Thats what I was saying bingefella =)
    The first 4 albums are non stop in my car =)  I am rather fond of Odyssey. "Crystal Ball" - what a great intro =)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thats what I was saying bingefella =)
    The first 4 albums are non stop in my car =)  I am rather fond of Odyssey. "Crystal Ball" - what a great intro =)
    Yeah Odyssey is class.  Love that intro solo to Crystal Ball - amazing phrasing and tone.  Plus you have Now Is The Time, Hold On, Heaven Tonight... loads of classics on that and Joe Lynn Turner singing!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What ya make of the "Inspiration" album?? 
    Out of this world imho - Just shows what a force he is in a band context! 
    Wish he'd hire a songwritng team and a singer and a decent producer one last time ......
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    His rhythm guitar work can be very challenging, Deja Vu, Anguish and Fear, sounds easier than it is. 
  • What ya make of the "Inspiration" album?? 
    Out of this world imho - Just shows what a force he is in a band context! 
    Wish he'd hire a songwritng team and a singer and a decent producer one last time ......
    I like it, especially Sails of Charon and Mistreated.  I think some of his earlier solo material holds up against classics like Mistreated etc.