Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone watching 'Stranger Things' on Netflix ?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7570
I'm half way through - that's seem freaky ass shit right there... 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16793
    Just started
  • Worthwhile? 

I'm into Scream at the moment. I'm a massive fan of the films and the newer series keeps a good blend of horror and comedy. Although Emma is quite stupid and it dies get infuriating... 

But that'll end soon and I need a new fix. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Added it to my list last night :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7570
    Yes I'm enjoying it - it's a cross between The X-Files and The Goonies with some pretty tense creepy jump-scare stuff.

The meat wall thing is fucking disturbing lol  
    Red ones are better. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Is there lots of sci-fi in it?  I'm not really in to sci-fi (didn't watch the x-files) but the trailer looked OK.  
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7570
    It's a horror-scifi-Goonies/ET-MinorityReport-XFiles mix with a strong 80s-John Hughes vibe

ive finished it now. I thought it was bizarrely brilliant 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Just started watching this - it's great.   Bit of a Stephen King vibe, too.  Well worth trying.  
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7498
    edited July 2016
    Well, I'm three episodes in from your recommendation and I'm quite liking it. 

Sort of wish I hadn't seen so much of some stuff (edit), but the kids. Blow me down but they're actually cast really, really well and play the roles brilliantly. 

It's like the x-files meets poltergeist and super 8 in a dark alley. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I'm on Episode Seven right now, it's bloody fantastic. Soundtrack is great too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    2 episodes in, and liking it so far. The Wife likes it too which is a bonus :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

I've just started watching this, very good so far.  It's got the 80's Goonies vibe down well.  In addition to the above I'm getting a bit of a Close Encounters and Polyergeist vibe.  It is pretty much a smorgasbord of classic 80's adventure / sci-fi / horror.  Some chilling moments, the worst was looking at the clock and realising I stayed up far too late watching it last night.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Due to recommendations on here we've started watching it last night and we love it.

I think most of great sci-fi and horror productions were released in '80 and '90 so bit of a time travel with this series when it comes to music and vibe - absolute bullseye in my opinion.

Doesn't drag when it comes to dialogues too which is often an Achilles heel of Netflix/amazon original productions.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'm 6 episodes in and it's good to see its not got any of the pacing issues that some shows have.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

I've finished it now, enjoyed the ending although I was too pissed the first time round so watched the last one again.

I thought it ended better than Super 8, which was of a similar vein but petered out at the end.

I would imagine there will be a season 2 of Stranger Things, so I'll look out for that as it was thoroughly enjoyable.

edited July 2016
    Finished this last night, and really enjoyed it. Would be surprised if there wasn't a second series. Without trying to spoil it for those that haven't seen episode 7 yet, I did wonder for a moment if eleven was going to go all 'ET' on us
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    it reminds me more of ET in terms of style and cinematography than the Goonies, it leans heavily on those kids on BMX in the woods images burned into our brains by Steven Spielberg - but it's very welcome. I've watched about 4 so far and it's good - really hoping that it doesn;t drag on for 6 years before we learn what's going on, then find out the writers don;t know either :)

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    I've finished it last night too.
    I did enjoy the whole ambiance. Not sure about Eleven - and who did the sheriff deliver the food to? BTW - his character is my favourite, on par with Dustin ;-)
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Everyone says its really good but I don't want to get caught out by the hype....

• jesonejesone Frets: 60
    I've bailed. Thought the show lacked clarity in its direction. It didn't seem to know whether it wanted to be ET/Goonies or Silent Hill. 
    My lad liked it though & binged watched it all.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finished it now, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought it was paced really well, characters were great, cast was excellent. 

I also like scream - the dialogue is a bit meh sometimes, but I just enjoy it as the slasher it is. It's a good bit of fun, but having to wait each week for the next episode is really annoying.