Alexander Silver Jubilee alternatives?

guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
This pedal's caught my ear recently on a few demos but, as it's reasonably pricey for an OD, is there anything else around that covers the Jubilee sounds as well or better?

I'll be running it into a Cornell Romany Pro.

At some point I'd like to pickup one of those new mini Jubilee combos, but currently a stop-gap will have to do! :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Honestly for me:

Marshall Guvnor Mark 1
    Thorpyfx gunshot (my choice)
    jhs angry Charlie or AT
    possibly Wampler Pinnacle
  • Ramble FX Marvel Drive V3 is awesome
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    Cheers, will check them out online - I forgot about the Mk1 Marshall pedals! Interesting to see the Gunshot in there too - I didn't realise it could cover MIAB styles? Any thoughts @thorpyfx ?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6152
    tFB Trader
    I am clearly biased but honestly the GUNSHOT does a great MIAB set of tones. its not exactly hotrodded JCM800 territory (stacked with a clean boost or a low gainer like the , but it certainly can get really thick and gainy like the clip especially with the calibre knob added in abundance.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I've had a real jubilee since new and spent a bit of time matching my ax8 model to it so it's sound is pretty fresh for me.  That pedal sounds ok but more fizzy than my jubilee and other miab pedals would work better for me - of course it could be that clips and my headphones.  
    I would agree that the gunshot can get closer and just like the real amp work with a boost pedal to get higher gain sounds.   
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    Interesting, that could work nicely then - might give the one in the classifieds a try. I'll be running it with a Saucy Box as a booster anyhow, cheers.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    John_P said:
    I've had a real jubilee since new and spent a bit of time matching my ax8 model to it so it's sound is pretty fresh for me.  That pedal sounds ok but more fizzy than my jubilee and other miab pedals would work better for me - of course it could be that clips and my headphones.  
    I would agree that the gunshot can get closer and just like the real amp work with a boost pedal to get higher gain sounds.   
    I completely agree with this - I owned an original from 1987-199x (can't remember when), I still have recordings of me with that amp, which I loved.

I think the pedal is a poor copy to be honest, it has too much fizz. Gunshot gets closer by a long way
  • +1 for the ramble fx marvel drive