Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What exactly is Jeremy Corbyn's plan?

What's Hot

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12068
    I'm guessing that watching the news in Scotland must be getting tedious , since every event is a  touted as a trigger for holding another independence referendum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72933
    ToneControl said:

what's the correct insult?
    untraitor?
    failed quitter?
    "Farage"

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12999
    Chalky said:
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    If it means getting rid of Brenda Sturgeon out of the bloody news, I might vote for it.
    You're in luck, Brenda has gone. Fortunately they still have Nicola though
    As in Private Eye...
    Private Eye call The Queen Brenda, not Sturgeon 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    They´d better find somebody fast if they want jobs in 2020. The polls (which always under predict Tory votes) put them on 42% and Labour on 27% That means a Foot sized defeat, only likely to grow further as Corbyn and his merry crew of hard left thugs keep making things worse. 

If the bearded idiot ever got into power bond markets would pretty much bankrupt the UK government in weeks. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    If it means getting rid of Brenda Sturgeon out of the bloody news, I might vote for it.
    As in Private Eye...
    You're getting there! So by calling her Brenda Sturgeon I'm suggesting she has an inflated view of herself. :)
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    As in Private Eye...
    You're getting there! So by calling her Brenda Sturgeon I'm suggesting she has an inflated view of herself. :)

Nicky Queen of Scots?  Brenda won't like that!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    As in Private Eye...
    Boy was that laboured. Try a snappy response next time!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nicola Sturgeon makes me ashamed to be Scottish. A nasty demagouge who makes a load of promises she can´t deliver on while bankrupting Scotland so she can parade her virtue at any given opportunity- Pure evil IMHO. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22497
    scrumhalf said:
    Corbyn has referred several times recently to "the Labour movement" and not "the Labour party" in circumstances where one would expect him to refer to the party.

I think that's an interesting pointer to his thoughts.
    That was emphasised in both his leadership campaign event in Manchester last weekend and at the Bristol Momentum event I attended the same day. Way back in the uni days, I did attend some rallies, everything from the NUS to the Young Communists purely as an observer. In the case of Momentum, the role model is Occupy. A lot of talk, a lot of genuine feeling that a combined effort can effect change, but absolutely no fucking idea whatsoever as to how to bring about change other than placards and chants. The trad Marxists are there but keep the more overt Marxist beliefs held back a bit (it's nowhere near as public as I remember the Young Commie events nearly 20 years ago). 

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Evilmags said:
    Nicola Sturgeon makes me ashamed to be Scottish. A nasty demagouge who makes a load of promises she can´t deliver on while bankrupting Scotland so she can parade her virtue at any given opportunity- Pure evil IMHO. 
    when I hear her speak I get that 'be careful what you wish for' feeling
    play every note as if it were your first
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    I never understand what gives Sturgoen the right to appear and comment, on everything that happens in Westminster.  F-Off, your not an MP.  You might be leader of the SNP, but only in Scotland.  Comment on your own Parliament and stay out of Westminster politics.  Leave it to your senior MP to do that.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12999
    Yeah, she's "only" the First Minister of one of the four partners in the Union. Know your place, uppity Jocks. Speak when spoken to.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Queen Nicola talks like Scotland is a sovereign state. It ain't.
    edited July 2016
    I never understand what gives Sturgoen the right to appear and comment, on everything that happens in Westminster.  F-Off, your not an MP.  You might be leader of the SNP, but only in Scotland.  Comment on your own Parliament and stay out of Westminster politics.  Leave it to your senior MP to do that.

Would you level that same criticism at Nigel Farage then? Never an MP, didn't leave the talk to his senior MP...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Would you level that same criticism at Nigel Farage then? Never an MP, didn't leave the talk to his senior MP...

Yes
    edited July 2016

Not sure Nigel is bright enough to understand Carswel 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, she's "only" the First Minister of one of the four partners in the Union. Know your place, uppity Jocks. Speak when spoken to.

Tts not about uppity jocks knowing their place - they have a place and a say via their elected MPs.  First Minister is a position only made possible with the Scottish Parliament and devolution of powers to it.  Without that, her position wouldnt exist HOWEVER, the "Jocks" still have elected representation in the form of their MPs.  These are the people that should be fronting the SNPs position within the UK.  Sturgeon should restrict herself to the Scottish Parliament and matters it has control over.  Thats is the position she has, and has no mandate for anything else within Westminster.   She has an overblown sense of her own importance, and true place within the political organisation of the UK (as opposed to Scotland).

How often do we see the first minister (or equivalent) for Northern Ireland or Wales flaunting themselves on national TV, making comments on policy made in Westminster and the direction of the UK as a whole?  practically never.  They - quite rightly - restrict themselves to the areas in which they have relevance and mandate.

Sturgeon is a prime example of an "undemocratic" situation - where a non elected politician is getting/gets directly involved in policy and decisions of a governing body.  No wonder shes so pro-EU.  She'd fit right in there. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Sturgeon is a prime example of an "undemocratic" situation - where a non elected politician is getting/gets directly involved in policy and decisions of a governing body.  No wonder shes so pro-EU.  She'd fit right in there. 
    Hardly the domain of Europhiles only though. Sturgeon's influence on Westminster is nothing compared to that of Matthew Elliot for instance. 

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7347
    Sporky said:
    jpfamps said:

It's impossible for that graph to be meaningful as there is no linear scale of liberalism for example. The problem is that the social "scientist" who compose these graph don't understand maths enough to appreciate this.
    There is more to life than maths, or we'd have no art, no buildings, no food, no hats...

True but hats are really just pale shadows formed by projecting mathematically ideal 11 dimensional hyper-hats into 3 dimensions. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ