Boss DD-500 - Users/owners, what are your thoughts?

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
Of late, I've missed having delay presets and so I recently tried a Boss DD-500 and really liked the sounds, build, 9 v power supply and small footprint and I think I'll be nabbing one before the year's out.

I just wondered what users experiences were of it?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I love mine, ticks all the sound quality boxes, new firmware meant global tap tempo. It's got a good mix of usable normal delay types as well as some exotic, creative stuff.

Shame that shimmer mode is a bit iffy, but the rest of it is quality. Requires use of the eq section to really make it shine.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I love it!  Loads of options, more than I ever need on a delay.  Tap tempo etc.  Really great delay and the presets are great too.  I had been using a DD-7 before but have now been using the DD-500 since Christmas .
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    @Teetonetal with regard to the EQ, can you elaborate? Is it a case of knocking off some of the high end or softening some of the sounds?

I must say, I found the presets to be instantly useable. The Plexi one as a generic leave-on-all-the-time was really satisfying.

Are either of your or anyone else using the SFX and dialling back the delay effect or removing it? The chorus was particular good.

Thanks
    The eq just enables you to tailor the sound to your taste and amp much more easily. it's a great addition and enables you to really dial in the sound of the repeats. I do all sorts with mine.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    It takes a wee bit of tweaking, but i could get mine to minic nearly every delay i had...

Great pedal.
    @Drew_fx is selling on in the classifieds 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Cheers @Teetonetal and I saw that but I wanna go new on this :)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Nah, buy mine. So I can afford heroin.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom