MXR Carbon Copy

What's Hot
Rooster2710Rooster2710 Frets: 8
question...

carbon copy's seem to pop up in the classifieds quite often..... Any reason?
they do seem like good pedals on videos etc so wondering if there's something I'm not seeing..?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited July 2016
    They have a great reputation and they're readily available, so (nearly) everyone tries one at some point...always easy to pick up a second hand one for decent money. I've happily had one on my gigging board for a few years, as a no frills dark sounding analogue delay it's a cracking bit of kit, but I'm sure some people end up wanting tap tempo or pre-sets and move them on.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    The CC is an analogue delay which has a distinct sound and is an acquired taste. I love it. In fact, both the delays on my main board are analogue - not a digital delay in sight!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I have one and love it, it has its own sound. 

I have a CC and a DD3 on my board and it works well. Two different flavours.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    I love the CC and mine's not going anywhere. Worth trying at 12V if you can, it changes the sound and makes the repeats clearer and brighter.

However, I guess you really need to hear from people who have chosen to move it on, to answer your question.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    Nothing wrong with it, people just want the next new shiny thing (me included :D)

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    markv said:
    I love the CC and mine's not going anywhere. Worth trying at 12V if you can, it changes the sound and makes the repeats clearer and brighter.

However, I guess you really need to hear from people who have chosen to move it on, to answer your question.
    Interesting. Can you run the Ibanez AD9 at 12v and would it have the same effect?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I had one for a bit and it didn't do what I wanted at the time. Which, err, was huge boingy noises. Having said that the thought of one now for a bit of slapback would be great as my Minifooger does the boings really well and I'm reluctant to turn it down to subtle. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Love mine - im on my fifth one over the space of about 6 years. No other reason why ive bought and sold so many times other than trying other delays but i always come back to the cc. Doesnt get in the way and sounds great
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    Had a couple before. They're good but I always felt j Had to have a second delay pedal. One of mine got faulty as well, think its fairly common with these
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Great pedal. Wish they made one with tap tempo and oscillation trigger 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    thomasw88 said:
    Had a couple before. They're good but I always felt j Had to have a second delay pedal. One of mine got faulty as well, think its fairly common with these
    Yeah my one had a faulty switch on it.  
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Maybe I've just been unlucky but I've had 3 MXR pedals go kaput on me. It's shaken my confidence in them a fair bit. Seeing as I've only ever owned 5 MXRs that's a disturbing failure rate.
  • Thanks to all for your comments and thoughts.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Sassafras said:
    Maybe I've just been unlucky but I've had 3 MXR pedals go kaput on me. It's shaken my confidence in them a fair bit. Seeing as I've only ever owned 5 MXRs that's a disturbing failure rate.
    I own several MXR's, and have yet to have one fail..
    Either you're hard on pedals or we should start calling you Mr. Unlucky

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    mike_l said:
    Sassafras said:
    I own several MXR's, and have yet to have one fail..
    Either you're hard on pedals or we should start calling you Mr. Unlucky

I know, it's strange. It's been components on the circuit boards that have burnt out so it's not my heavy size 10s that are to blame. Strangely, the MXRs and a couple of EHX pedals are the only ones I've had problems with.

Mr. Unlucky.