Beetronics 'relic ' pedals

What's Hot
ColsCols Frets: 7011
http://www.beetronicsfx.com/#!product-page/rdxqc/8fe8f05f-951e-1563-b917-88adf8284543

Reliced pedals?  Guitars were bad enough, but this is just ridiculous.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    Pah. I did that a decade or so ago. Mostly because I was spraying in a dusty loft.

http://monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/ABominiser.jpg

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    Maybe I should take some of my B-stock pedals, scratch them up and sell them for a higher price! "Reliced series"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It makes it look like you actually really use them for more than gently stepping on them with slippered feet in the bedroom. 

The same way a relic guitar makes you look like you're cooler than the kind of person who looks after their expensive guitar. 

I don't get the whole thing. I have more trouble keeping nitro finishes intact, I'd never bother buying a relic!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Dear God!

I've lost all hope for the continuation of the human race.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I prefer to hang onto my kit long enough to look worn naturally. My Les Paul is looking that way nowadays particularly its neck (back of) :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6685
    edited July 2016
    It'll be half-eaten pizzas from Dominos next....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9636
    Everybody I know who's tried one has said that they actually feel like an old worn pedal under the foot. And the capacitors can breathe, which make them sound more open.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7011
    ....the capacitors can breathe?
  • ColsCols Frets: 7011
    I get the relic guitar thing, even if I don't agree with it (I try and look after my guitars, and any dings or scrapes are time-earned).  I guess it's worthwhile if you want the look of a beat-up guitar on stage without needing to get a secondhand guitar, it's part of your public image.  But who's looking at a pedalboard on stage other than yourself?
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    That's not as bad as I thought. Pedals got to have some kind of design so why not a banged up one? I assumed it would be some service you send your boss pedal to and they sand it off...
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Nice looking enclosure, ugly relicing, one way to avoid having B-stock I guess.